Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 99 Likes Search this Thread
04-16-2012, 03:06 AM   #886
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
I believe that Sony has the patents on that one. They even tried to (eerrr) "make" a few models such a very few DSC V-1's (5mp, zeiss lens and built like a tank), and also R1's with this type of focusing. I once met a type of forerunner to a presidental photographer that was working with a candidate (only) when Kerry was running for office that used one of these cameras - it sure sets off red flags with the secret service though. - And btw no airport or airshow photography.
And no portraits either. Or "getting the eye" aquires a new meaning when it come to laser-assisted focussing.

04-17-2012, 02:39 AM   #887
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Class A is right.
I buy Pentax new from Australia where the distributor CR Kennedy
has reasonable prices and actual service. The New Zealand distributor is a joke.

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Dear Pentax,

Please see my respective posts about the New Zealand distributor and the respective overcharging.

I've heard that the New Zealand distributor IRL was once a great promoter of Pentax equipment. Unfortunately, the responsible person retired and the remaining family members do not care about Pentax at all. According to IRL news, the K-5 never happened.

Last edited by Transit; 04-17-2012 at 02:46 AM.
04-21-2012, 12:57 PM - 1 Like   #888

Here's my suggestion: I want ultra-low ISO. Like 25, 10 or even 8. It would make it easier to keyshift sunlight, and shoot wide-open, without AF-inhibiting neutral density filter hacks. It shouldn't be that hard to pull off, seeing as it's turning down a signal rather than turning it up, and if I'm right would give a simple competitive advantage to the next Pentax DSLR (would be even more amazing if this could be added to my K-5!). I would love a faster sync speed to go with it, too.

I will not be upgrading to full-frame any time soon. I will not be buying a much more expensive camera, and new, more expensive lenses. 16 megapixels is already more than enough, RAW files are large enough for all my needs, and more will just cause processing and storage concerns.

My lens suggestion: I would love a lens in the spirit of my 50-135 that covers the range of 24-70mm. That range is wonderful for portraits on a crop sensor. I'd be surprised if that happened, but that's the only glass that would be on my must-buy list.
04-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #889
Veteran Member

I think it's harder than you think to accomplish that...

...but I agree, I'd really like ultra-low ISO.

If you had an electronic shutter you could perhaps approximate it with dozens of images in a short time period, that are then averaged?

04-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #890
Banned

I'm walking around with a K-01 this weekend, and have one on order that will arrive in a few weeks (a yellow one). That is one fine camera. I would love to have a K-5n with the elctronics of K-01 as a follower to my K-5!
04-21-2012, 11:58 PM   #891
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by elemeno Quote
Here's my suggestion: I want ultra-low ISO. Like 25, 10 or even 8. It would make it easier to keyshift sunlight, and shoot wide-open, without AF-inhibiting neutral density filter hacks. It shouldn't be that hard to pull off, seeing as it's turning down a signal rather than turning it up, and if I'm right would give a simple competitive advantage to the next Pentax DSLR (would be even more amazing if this could be added to my K-5!).
Ultra low ISO would be wonderful. If a new version of the K5 (K5n) has that, together with no AA filter, then I will surely buy that camera. 100% sure.
04-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #892
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Would like them to do just a bare bones camera with no video and no "scenes" modes in it. As far as program modes, it should just be: Bulb/M/S/A/P/Custom 1/C2/C3

04-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #893
Veteran Member

I certainly like TAv, myself.
05-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #894
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dear Pentax, while you're at it adding a manual override for DFS, how about adding an option to disable the disabling of the on-board flash, PC socket, and Hotshoe at speeds above the max sync. I have ways of dealing with black bars.
05-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #895
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And here are my probably-never-will-see items:
1. a 400 f5.6 EDIF that was really light, compact, and focused to <8ft.
2. a single-focal length of 12mm, or even better 10mm.
3. a tiltable, removable screen that could be tethered to the camera body by a cord.
4. reissue or new 200 f4.0 macro, or an EDIF macro of anything 150~200mm.
AND YET AGAIN I'LL REQUEST: an old-fashion threaded cable release socket on the shutter button, or on the body (P30T style). It's such a simple thing, why was it discarded?
05-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #896
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
And here are my probably-never-will-see items:
1. a 400 f5.6 EDIF that was really light, compact, and focused to <8ft.
2. a single-focal length of 12mm, or even better 10mm.
3. a tiltable, removable screen that could be tethered to the camera body by a cord.
4. reissue or new 200 f4.0 macro, or an EDIF macro of anything 150~200mm.
AND YET AGAIN I'LL REQUEST: an old-fashion threaded cable release socket on the shutter button, or on the body (P30T style). It's such a simple thing, why was it discarded?
All that and aperture simulator
05-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #897

QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
Would like them to do just a bare bones camera with no video and no "scenes" modes in it. As far as program modes, it should just be: Bulb/M/S/A/P/Custom 1/C2/C3
Agreed. I would sell my K-r for a bare bones camera. All I need is all the shutter speeds of a K-r, no "scenes mode," no video, no LV, and probably not any AF either.

That reminds me of my old (broken) K1000
06-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #898
Veteran Member

Dear Pentax,
You have to do something about quality control, this is unacceptable !! We deserve more quality when we paid such high prices for your lenses.
BTW, 300€ for the 50mm1.8 is just wrong... Why do we have to paid so much when you can find equivalent lenses at half price with Canon or Nikon ? And so much money with such bad quality control ? This is crazy !
I'll change my camera next year, if at this time they are repports than your Q.C is still so bad : goodbye Pentax, hello Nikon d600.
06-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #899
Banned

Retina

Maybe it is time to make a difference and order a nice screen from Retina for our next generation of camera's to be different then the rest. A nice 3 to 4 inch QHD screen would make a great future. And please make the preview in RAW images better.
06-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #900
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Maybe it is time to make a difference and order a nice screen from Retina for our next generation of camera's to be different then the rest.
Ron, "Retina display" is just a term invented by Apple. The displays are manufactured by LG and are nothing special, except for having high pixel density.