Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2014, 07:46 PM   #1246

Dear Pentax:

If you (or Sigma, lol), can give us the next lenses, I will stay with a K3 and will be the happiest photographer out there:

-18-35mm F1.8
-50-120mm F1.8 or F2

both around US$1k, please.

Wait...the firstone already exist!!! lol. Ok, so we need now just one lens.

Do you realize, as pro rookie wedding photographer (as myself) or whatever you are, that there is no need of full frame with this new kind of lenses, unique in the whole history of photography??

10-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #1247
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Enrique S Toso Quote
Dear Pentax:

If you (or Sigma, lol), can give us the next lenses, I will stay with a K3 and will be the happiest photographer out there:

-18-35mm F1.8
-50-120mm F1.8 or F2

both around US$1k, please.

Wait...the firstone already exist!!! lol. Ok, so we need now just one lens.

Do you realize, as pro rookie wedding photographer (as myself) or whatever you are, that there is no need of full frame with this new kind of lenses, unique in the whole history of photography??

If only they made the 16-85 a constant 2.8 lens. And hopefully the new lens they had at Photokina is a 70-200 or 80-200 2.8 (or even f/4)
10-05-2014, 10:38 PM   #1248
Veteran Member

Sweet jeebus you're both talking about huge, expensive lenses.

Since the 50-135 f/2.8 is $1000 already, I think an F/1.8 version would be in the ~$3k range...
10-06-2014, 07:08 AM   #1249

Pentax have to drop the prices of all their glasses.

The Sigma 18-35 F1.8 is "just" US$ 800.

There u have the "24-70" replacement for apsc. Now we need something F1.8ish lens that could do the job of the 70-200 in a full frame, and I dont have to jump ship to the Nikon D750

10-06-2014, 07:47 AM   #1250
Veteran Member

18 - 35 is a 28 to 55 replacement. The difference between 24 and 28 matters quite a bit to me.

You don't have to jump ship! Pentax ff has been coming in six months... for the past ten or twelve years. ..
10-06-2014, 12:49 PM   #1251
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
You don't have to jump ship! Pentax ff has been coming in six months... for the past ten or twelve years. ..
"Pentax FF soon to be released" Is actually on its fifteenth year now.
10-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #1252
Veteran Member

See? We're DUE! We can't be disappointed sixteen years in a row.

10-06-2014, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #1253
Pentaxian

No of course not, they will not try do that to us.
They're really smart and know everything about how to best market products.

So they will release FF next year, and it will be a 15th year anniversary special edition model to celebrate this.
10-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #1254
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
No of course not, they will not try do that to us.
They're really smart and know everything about marketing.

So they will release FF next year, and it will be a 15th year anniversary special edition model to celebrate this.

10-06-2014, 02:12 PM   #1255
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
We can't be disappointed sixteen years in a row.
I know some Chicago Cubs fans who know different.
10-06-2014, 02:29 PM   #1256
Veteran Member

I do think that next year there will be a FF. But at this point it doesn't matter to me, personally, so it's easy to say that.
11-25-2014, 03:01 AM   #1257
Veteran Member

Dear Pentax.

____________K-3 replacement_____________________

Be inspired by the competition from Samsungs NX1 sensor and make an even better sensor for the K-3 replacement. I think BSI, stacking and CFA variety are technologies that could improve photography quite a bit. The CFA variety increase could increase sales numbers both because some people buy more then one variety, like they buy more then one lens for different needs and because other brands lack the niches. A car analogy is a variety of distinct personalized cars versus all the same boring form factor cars. I belive having several CFA choises for one camera body doesent cost much more then having one.

I want several special editions of the K-3 replacement: All stills oriented with lots of Mpixels and versions with different colorfilter arrays (CFA):
A1. Traditional bayer patterned RGB
A2. X-trans patterned RGB
A3. Monochrome
A4. HDR RGB (alternating high and low transmission RGB pixels for high DR in one exposure and support for ISO 50, 25 and 12 via the low transmission pixels)
A5. A hyperspectral imager (Increased from 3 to more primary colors, maby 4, 9, 16 or 25 colors. NIR and red separation is the most important to me.)

- Built in astrotracer with support for longer focal lengths then 800mm.
- Add Z-axis to stabilizer and enable short range AF for MF lenses.
- 16 bit DNG at low continous drive speed and single shots.

____________New video oriented camera_____________________
B. One video oriented camera with 3840*2560 pixels (or slightly above) file output with a very fast readout mode 120 fps for 4K video from sensor to processor/buffer. Storage with both SDXC and mSATA/M2 SSD. SDXC storage could be a bit slower like selectable 30 fps at full 4K or pixel binned 120 fps at Full HD. Selectable codec H264, H265 or continous shooting DNG/Jpeg. An optional high quality multi channel audio recorder with flash shoe mount. Built in stereo mic, stereo plug and wireless mic set.

____________K-S1/K-01 replacement_____________________
C. I also wish for a K-S1/K-01 replacement with no mirror, good EVF, large tiltable screen and K-30 inspired design. Or maby a black and silver retro design.

Last edited by Simen1; 11-25-2014 at 03:42 AM.
11-25-2014, 04:32 AM   #1258
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The one thing that would open my wallet to purchase yet another camera body would be an articulating screen.

A tiny improvement would be some way to protect or even lock the 4-way control dial. Too many times I've unknowingly pressed it with the side of my thumb and changed the color rendition setting so colors were flat instead of enhanced. Just change software so altering the setting requires pressing the 4-way, then rotating a control dial instead of continuing to press the 4-way, or even use the up-down buttons on the control dial for changing the setting after accessing the color-rendition option.
11-25-2014, 06:38 AM   #1259

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One more vote for a video oriented camera.

Example is Samsung NX1. Would like for something like that jsut with Pentax spice, maybe less megapixels, The ammount current on k3 and ks-1 is good enough (for me)
But what I would like is 4K and Cinema 4K, Selectable recording vieo codec, H265 for storage similar to the one on the NX1 and maybe something more broadcast level. This time look into broadcast bitrates for selected codec.
Flip out screen similar to the one on 645z. WR body. Can be mirrorsless but with built in EVF. Body designed in house. Actually I would not mind if it looked same like K30. (size is also good)

Focus peaking during video recording, apperture control during video recording, Zebras during video recording. Clean HDMI output for external recording screen. Audio jacks as in K3.

Ricoh Pentax, I love your production but I need a camaera for stills and video shooting, And now am looking into Samsung NX1 and Sony offerings, don't you wanna me stay in your family?
12-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #1260
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Not that I'm complainer... In fact the FA 31 mm giveway made me to finally write this post.
Dear Pentax. Please make your next camera more snappy and responsive.
My experience with K-5 is that quite often I realize that the camera doesn't react to me pressing the buttons. This applies to the shutter/aperture wheels as well (but these still work quite ok). However when it comes to RAW/fx button it's quite bad - The K-5 won't switch to RAW mode the moment you feel the *click*. You have to actually press the button and hold it for a bit or IT WON'T REACT AT ALL! AE-L button is slow as well.
I guess some people might even not realize these lags but as one masters the use of a camera they become more and more apparent.
Also.. scrolling of zoomed image in preview should be faster IMO.
I don't really know is it any better with the K-3. But after brief hands-on I couldn't see that the scroll was as slow as before.

And as a remainder to my older posts in this thread: Dear Pentax! Please give option to save smaller RAW files (lower bitdepth, less resolution) 24 MP