Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 102 Likes Search this Thread
09-21-2010, 02:40 AM   #631
Forum Member

Dear Pentax,

please give us manual control in video modes. Including manual audio levelling, manual gain/ISO and, if possible, manual shutter angle/shutter speed selection. And 24p for those who want it.

Also don't switch HDMI output resolutions around when switching to video recording. It breaks using an external screen. And increase HDMI output resolution to 1080p.

While we're on the topic of external screens: I wouldn't need an external screen if the internal screen swiveled.

And when I wanted you to improve the AF, I didn't mean just speed (thanks, though!). I meant "give me more points. smaller points. proper subject tracking with configurable lock-on time. prediction."

09-21-2010, 03:53 AM   #632
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If not manual video controls then maybe something like this:

Flicker reduction function reduces the flicker effect that might occur under fluorescent or mercury vapor lighting while using Live View or D-Movie. You can select 50Hz or 60Hz, according to the local power frequency where you are shooting.
09-21-2010, 11:40 AM   #633
Banned

Dear Pentax,

I'm very pleased with the coming K-5 and all it's new future's. Please give us next to the 14-bit RAW the possability to make 12-bit Raw pictures. With this extra choice we can use the K-5 for sports and make 15 RAW in a single burst before the buffer fils up.

Thank you

Ron Hendriks

With the K-7:
09-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #634
Pentaxian

Dear Pentax,

please add tethered shooting to the K-5 with a firmware upgrade. The first version only needs to support the basic "shutter release" and "image transfer" protocol that Lightroom requires for its built-in tethered shooting.

What light does it shine on Pentax if the only two brands supported by Lightroom for tethered shooting are Nikon and Canon?

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
...how about at least making [SR] activate when we press the AF button?
Great idea. This would help avoiding the "two finger -- one half-pressed" grip one has to apply to be ready for a moment.

It would be better if one could configure the camera to keep the SR ready until the camera shuts itself off but tying the "SR-read" event to the AF button would be the next best thing.

09-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #635
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Great idea. This would help avoiding the "two finger -- one half-pressed" grip one has to apply to be ready for a moment.
Exactly - I believe one of the other makes does this.
09-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #636
Veteran Member

Having seen fujifilms x100 camera I hope that pentax too will develop one very similar with the electronic & optical viewfinder.

- Weathersealing
- Fast f2 interchangeable lenses: a wide, normal and telephoto.
- amazing dymanic range
- low noise sensor
- hd videos

But above all retro style
09-22-2010, 08:09 AM   #637

Sorry if this one has been brought up before but the idea just came to me. Wouldn't it be nice if one was able to use older flashguns by programming in the guide number at ISO 100 into the camera so it could automatically set the aperture based on the distance to the subject? What do you all think? It seems like this one would be easy enough to do in a firmware upgrade!

09-22-2010, 08:13 AM   #638
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roliver Quote
Sorry if this one has been brought up before but the idea just came to me. Wouldn't it be nice if one was able to use older flashguns by programming in the guide number at ISO 100 into the camera so it could automatically set the aperture based on the distance to the subject? What do you all think? It seems like this one would be easy enough to do in a firmware upgrade!
Sounds like a good return on investment oppertunity for Pentax...
09-22-2010, 08:18 AM   #639
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JoepLX3 Quote
Sounds like a good return on investment oppertunity for Pentax...
Sounds like a good way to kill sales of new flashguns, reduce revenues, and drive the company into insolvency.
09-22-2010, 08:25 AM   #640
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Sounds like a good way to kill sales of new flashguns, reduce revenues, and drive the company into insolvency.
What new flashguns?
09-22-2010, 09:50 AM   #641
Veteran Member

please include user settings (and appropriate battery life warnings) for SR active time durations, including all the time.
09-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #642

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
I don't think so somehow... it's a bit like Pentax letting people use M lenses. Yes you CAN make them work but the stop down metering is a pain. It's the same with the flashguns. Even doing what I suggest would only provide limited extra functionality... there would still be a problem with zoom heads on the flashguns and also bounce flash wouldn't work this way either. Those two features are what I consider the only reasons for someone to buy a new P-TTL flashgun in the first place!
09-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #643
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Please give us next to the 14-bit RAW the possability to make 12-bit Raw pictures. With this extra choice we can use the K-5 for sports and make 15 RAW in a single burst before the buffer fils up.
I think that's a good idea.

AND as Pentax now seem to be a much more capable sports camera, how about some sports lenses? For me a 70-200/2.8 with FAST AF (not SDM) and a compatible 1.4x TC is a minimum, it's a real workhorse of other makes (Canon makes 4 versions of the 70-200!), unbelievable that Pentax doesn't make one. At very least put out a 1.4xTC that's SDM and DC compatible that not only sports people want, then we can use Sigma's capable lenses.
09-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #644
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
]Dear Pentax,

I'm very pleased with the coming K-5 and all it's new future's. Please give us next to the 14-bit RAW the possability to make 12-bit Rawpictures. With this extra choice we can use the K-5 for sports and make 15 RAW in a single burst before the buffer fils up.
What would it do? Strip out the least-significant two bits on the fly as it puts the data in to the buffer? Where would it put the files while it's waiting to do that processing? In a pre-buffer?

Why not just make the buffer bigger?
09-23-2010, 06:27 AM   #645
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here's a really simple feature I'd value: an old-fashioned threaded cable release socket. The Fuji Finepix I purchased to experiment with digital before getting a K10 has such a socket in the shutter button, same as on uncounted thousands of 35mm cameras . Any mechanical release could be used, triggering both AF and shutter (just like pressing down with your finger). Electronic releases are fine, but they're expensive and can fail (my first Pentax unit has gone bad - won't trigger the AF). Mechanical releases are available by the score, cheaply, in a variety of lengths. I have units, used on the LX, ranging from 4 inches to 40 inches, although 8~12 inch is most useful. I even have a 10 foot pneumatic release that works reasonably well (not as reliable as a cable).