Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 102 Likes Search this Thread
12-10-2010, 06:56 AM   #691
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ossy59 Quote
... and the K-7, K-x, K-r?
Pentax should give, like other brands do, this feature all users of any Pentax-DSLR.
given that many pro shooters have multiple cameras it's true. I have a freind who specialized in pinup work and holds courses for people. he shoots with an *ist DL
TTL available of course and well used from what I've seen
bet he'd love tethering for the training aspect

12-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #692

wide-angle primes

I shoot mostly wide angle and like to travel light. The 15mm limited is my current favorite lens, but it's not really wide enough. Could we please have a 10mm prime with design priority on sharpness and compactness (max aperture and price are less important). I would also love a prime fisheye. The fisheye zoom is a great lens, but I have to leave it home most of the time because of size and weight limits. Finally, Keep up the Pentax tradition (going back to the 1960s) of packing pro features into smaller bodies. That's why I first chose Pentax (1963) and why I have stuck with them.
12-22-2010, 05:46 AM   #693

Just a couple of improvements I would like on my next Pentax DSLR upgrade:

1) I would like the top LCD to be able to be lit with a button like it was on my K10D. Instead of either always coming on or always staying off based upon an option deep in the menu.

2) I wish the lockable button on the mode dial was an option that could be disabled.
12-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #694
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxRev Quote
Just a couple of improvements I would like on my next Pentax DSLR upgrade:

1) I would like the top LCD to be able to be lit with a button like it was on my K10D. Instead of either always coming on or always staying off based upon an option deep in the menu.

2) I wish the lockable button on the mode dial was an option that could be disabled.
+1 on both these, i just went from the k10 to the k7 and both these things drive me nuts

12-31-2010, 11:05 PM   #695

Dear Pentax,

I know the ink is probably already dry on the design of your new mirrorless camera. But, I'm just sick of people saying that mirrorless is for point and shooters who want better image quality. Pardon my french, but, that's just bull s#!*. I want a mirrorless prothusiast camera for those who are passionate about photography and other things like hiking, climbing, biking, ect. I can't believe nobody is going after this niche! It doesn't have to fit in my d@#" pocket (for those who think that's the only reason for compactness). It just needs to be small and light as it can be without sacrificing quality. It should be designed with size and weight of the entire system in mind. Everything that can be in the body (SR, focus motor) is, so I don't have to carry much redundancy if I want to take several lenses. Maybe even make lenses in two part systems so that the rear portion of the lens could be combined with different fronts to make several excellent primes in a much smaller package (don't know if its feasible, but if so...). Naturally it should be weather sealed and have an adapter to allow backwards compatibility with all k mount lenses. If anyone ever makes a camera like this they can have as much of my money as they want to ask for it. Oh yea, great video to, obviously I don't want to carry two cameras. While I'm on video, I realize you don't give a flying rats a$$ about the American market these days, but, would it really be so hard to allow the option to shoot 24 frames per second? Anyway, that's my dream list. Congrats on the incredible K5.
01-12-2011, 03:40 PM - 1 Like   #696

Photos: Gallery
A Digital MX

Dear Pentax,

An DSLR in the mold and heritage of the MX. Keep it simple - one dial for shutter in the same place, one dial for ISO where the winder knob was; fully manual; no SR; no fancy modes. Just a pure, digital, MX. I would even call it... the MX.

It would be a beautiful complement to the DA Limited lenses.

Thoughts?
01-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #697
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WideOpen Quote
Thoughts?
It isn't really practical. I like being able to change settings with the camera to my eye, and dials on the top don't lend themselves to that - front and rear control dials do.

I'd really like what I call a 'Nature' camera. Slotted between the K-r and K-5, a K200D replacement, weather sealed with live view and an articulating hi-res LCD. A macro shooter's camera. I don't need a billion buttons on it - one-button access to ISO (reprogram RAW button?), single dial, top LCD, the old four-way controller out back, except with ISO on its own button, put metering mode where it used to be.

That's all. I really love the features and layout of the K200D, just want the new sensor without going to K-5 for weather sealing. Even a K-r WR body would be a reasonable compromise.

01-13-2011, 03:22 AM   #698

Dear Pentax,

An DSLR in the mold and heritage of the MX. Keep it simple - one dial for shutter in the same place, one dial for ISO where the winder knob was; fully manual; no SR; no fancy modes. Just a pure, digital, MX. I would even call it... the MX.

It would be a beautiful complement to the DA Limited lenses.

Thoughts?
I think that's a great idea, especially if it could be made cheap! I wouldn't have though it would even be necessary to have a rear LCD display on something like that.
01-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #699

QuoteOriginally posted by roliver Quote
I think that's a great idea, especially if it could be made cheap! I wouldn't have though it would even be necessary to have a rear LCD display on something like that.
I love that idea! No LCD. You must wait until you can upload your photos at home to see what you got!
01-13-2011, 09:01 AM   #700
Veteran Member

I love that idea! No LCD. You must wait until you can upload your photos at home to see what you got!
I like this idea as well, but it has about as much chance of happening as a full frame 67 has of coming out this year
01-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #701
Inactive Account

Dear Pentax

get better programmers, and get more of em. It isn't expensive. Use em to make K5 (and all other cameras) files smaller. Compared to the D7000 files, they are larger which means your coding isn't optimal. By doing so, you'll make k5 faster and have a larger buffer. Also, use those programmers to make useful firmware updates of your existing models (lets say, last 3). Blizzard was once a rather small gaming firm, but everyone knew their games would be supported to eternity. And that's how they got loyal fans. Be the Blizzard of the digital photography business. Support and upgrade your cameras longer. Upgrade their AF algorithms if possible. It might eat a small bit of your camera sales in the short term but it will pay out in the long term through a loyal customer base! Show us you care and we will do the same!
01-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #702

Make the DA* (24 or 28mm, or in between).

Please.

A fast, weather-sealed prime to pair with the K5. Something that would be a slightly cropped moderate wide angle/wide normal.

In other words, the perfect lens.
01-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #703

I don't know if this has already been covered, but having an un"crippled" Kaf2 mount would be nice. It would be realy nice to be able to automatically meter non-A lenses on DSLR bodies. One of the big reasons many camera buyers purchase Pentax is for it's backwards compatibility. I think it would take that a step further if K and M lenses could properly couple to the body and meter properly without use of the "green" button. It would definitely give Pentax another edge above Nikon's backward compatibility. It would be nice at the very least to see it on the "flagship" model, maybe not the entry level. Just a thought.
01-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #704
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
As a happy user of the K10D and of the LX, how about:

In addition to the other great ideas above:

TTL exposure for flash, like the LX.

We already have mirror lockup for sensor cleaning, and with a 3 second delay using the remote, let us have real mirror lockup. Its needed for wildlife closeups, especially waiting for the d****d wind to stop so you can make the exposure.

Along with that, how about TTL exposure, read off the sensor, like the LX?

Or, how about a digital back for the LX??

While I love my K10D, I do miss 5 minute exposures by moonlight with the LX.....
Digital back for the LX !!!!!!!
01-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #705
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
All I really want is a body that will let my older K-mount lenses meter the way they were intended to do.
A full manual mode should be standard on all models.