Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 102 Likes Search this Thread
03-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #871
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Please Mr Pentax, add a "non crippled" mode so old K lenses work better with the K-5, I am sure it is possible !

03-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #872
Banned

D-Li90

When this batterypack would be the one to use for the coming years, then it would be great to use it in as many devices as possible. K-01, K-5 and 645D use it. But put it also in new flashes and new camera's to come.

New flashes would be great with this batterypack!
03-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #873
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrew Faires Quote
A cold-weather grip. Basically the same as the grip that's here already, but instead of the battery being in the grip, a cord would run from the grip to a battery-pack that could be kept in your coat.
I've already seen a third party battery pack, but unfortunately cannot recal whom made it. In addition to a cold weather pocket option; perhaps one that would mount to the bottom tof the camera as well.

QuoteOriginally posted by anomaly Quote
Focus assist laser. This might be alittle tricky though.

I believe that Sony has the patents on that one. They even tried to (eerrr) "make" a few models such a very few DSC V-1's (5mp, zeiss lens and built like a tank), and also R1's with this type of focusing. I once met a type of forerunner to a presidental photographer that was working with a candidate (only) when Kerry was running for office that used one of these cameras - it sure sets off red flags with the secret service though. - And btw no airport or airshow photography.
03-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #874
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Please make the new FF, if you are preparing one, like a MX, please

04-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #875
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
When this batterypack would be the one to use for the coming years, then it would be great to use it in as many devices as possible. K-01, K-5 and 645D use it. But put it also in new flashes and new camera's to come.

New flashes would be great with this batterypack!
This is an excellent idea!
04-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #876
Forum Member

- Firmware update to K-5 to bring focus peaking.
- Regular white lights instead of green autofocus assist light - reduces the overall discreteness of K-5.
- Better AF in camera; improved SDM, or more DC lenses in the lineup.

- And yes, I would like to see a Pentax FF. But it seems unlikely until they expand their full-frame compatible lens line up.
04-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #877
Pentaxian

Dear Pentax,

you will have noticed that many users are not delighted about the new unilateral pricing scheme. I trust you have a plan with this and we'll all be happy in the future.

However, please do not only address the heavy discounters, but also the heavy overchargers.

Please see my respective posts about the New Zealand distributor and the respective overcharging.

I've heard that the New Zealand distributor IRL was once a great promoter of Pentax equipment. Unfortunately, the responsible person retired and the remaining family members do not care about Pentax at all. According to IRL news, the K-5 never happened.

04-07-2012, 05:06 AM   #878
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some minor changes: better battery compartment cover on flashes (the one on my 360 is already worn and tending to pop open spontaneously); a standard battery compartment configuration so that after-market battery packs could be used (why not the same shape battery compartment as the 280T - a very good flash); back compatibility of flash electronics so that old Pentax flash units (280T, 400T, 500T) could be used in ordinary TTL mode (obviously not PTTL); a better cover over the cable release socket; and why can't there be a threaded socket on the shutter button for an old-fashioned mechanical cable release???
04-07-2012, 06:26 AM   #879
Pentaxian

Plain TTL won't come back. Problem isn't flash circuitry, they talk to the camera just fine.
It's just that the camera doesn't have that TTL sensor anymore. That's the old sensor which still worked in CW metering mode.
Sensor having reflectance issues, reliability wasn't exactly good (and costs to keep the outdated sensor prohibitive).

PTTL uses the 'normal' exposure sensor, hence 77 zones. Now, I don't pretend PTTL to be perfect, quite not actually but since K7 it is a lot... 'less crappy' than with ist-D/K10D/K20D era. BTW, AFAIK no other manufacturers sill use 'old style' TTL.

If you want reliability PTTL can't provide, auto modes (and compatible flash) is what you want.
04-12-2012, 08:38 PM - 1 Like   #880
Pentaxian

Dear Pentax,

- Please stop releasing stupid cameras (Q, K-01, ...).
- Please go back to releasing high-value, no non-sense cameras (K10D, K-x, K-5, ...)
- Please consider releasing a barebones, FF camera (like a digital MX/ME)

I would like to have any of the above ponies. Bonus points if you can achieve all three. I'll tatoo Pentax-Ricoh on my forehead.
04-13-2012, 05:43 AM   #881
Pentaxian

- introducing artificial intelligence in the cameras? Have you ever heard of Skynet?
- when did they stopped?
- no way it would happen. Due to very low volumes, it would be more expensive than a fully featured D800 equivalent.

You already have #2. Please post pics with the tattoo
04-13-2012, 06:17 AM   #882
Veteran Member

Dear Pentax,

Thank you for having the guts in releasing the Pentax Q. Please don't stop supporting this system because of disappointing sales. It's a system that needs to prove its ground and I have a feeling it will gradually win its place. I was skeptic about this little camera when you released it, but after having tried it I couldn't wait to purchase one for myself. I'm trilled with it! Finally a pocketable Pentax camera that feels and works like a real camera.

The price dropping in the UK is exactly what the Q system needs. Please make this universal so many more can discover its delights!

I'm eagerly awaiting the Q Adapter for K mount lenses, as well as the wide angle that's announced on the Q roadmap. Please make the wide bright enough, so it can be operated well below the Q sensor's diffraction limit (around f/4).

Oh... and if a new firmware upgrade would allow focus peaking that would be awesome!

Tx, Wim
04-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #883

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I suggest that (Are you listening Pentax - You can make even better products):
Shake Reduction can work even when the self timer is used - for "telephoto on tripod" purposes. I can't see why not!
Exposure compensation (+/-) can be set in manual mode as well. I can't se why not.
Shutter will release the flash even at fast shutter speeds (for activating hot-shoe GPS - like JOBO - and other stuff)
Optional pop-up shade for the LCD on the K-01.
Optional optical viewfinder for the K-01.
Switching between FIXED ISO and AUTO ISO on the K-01 is simply brilliant - use this method for the DSLR's as well, please!
Green Button will also work in Av-mode. So I can use Av with old/non-A lenses. I can't see why not.

This was just some of my wishes, Pentax! Surprise me!

Regards
Jens
04-16-2012, 01:10 AM   #884
JFN
Veteran Member

Dear engineers and software designers @Ricoh, please give us an update where Exposure Lock or AutoFocus can be assigned to the Green Button (and as with the AE-button, then disable AF from the shutter button as an option) when shooting in Av mode. I use K-r but would probably be the same for K5 et al I guess.

What I want to achieve is: Exposure Lock on Green Button, and AutoFocus on the AE-button (or the opposite, would be just fine) and then shutter only on the shutter button.

Now go write that code please!

Thanks in advance!
04-16-2012, 02:43 AM   #885
Banned

For accessory items...

There are items such as lens'. For now Pentax does hold the lead in both optics and features versus any and all of the third party lens that can be used with the Pentax. The three existing flash units have a fairly good range of features for most photographers, but - that's where there will always be th eneed for third party items.

Sorry but Pentax flash units can't hold a flag to most of the Metz units. There are more than a fair share of other accessories to go with any Pentax camera; such as the K-01. Examples; all types of viewfinder hoods, three different types of optical vewfinders, etc...