Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 102 Likes Search this Thread
01-18-2014, 10:07 AM   #1216
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Was this a joke? I mean, do you think Pentax just decides "we should give them really bad low light performance! this will sell well! they dont deserve better anyway!"?
The colour settings.. are you shooting jpeg or raw? If you shoot jpeg, the camera interprets the raw information and turns it into an image. So you need to set the jpeg engine to "portrait". If you shoot raw, then you need to do the colour calibration yourself (or rather, the software does it). I really cannot imagine that Pentax cameras are just "missing" the "good skin tone" pixels. Its the photographer who does that, using light, lenses, and software.
You can also Jell the lights, or use a filter. You dont even need a colour meter anymore, Just a thought. I only want to be able to use my manual lenses in full manual mode, take a reading with a hand held light meter, and set the apature, and shutter speed accordingly. I hate apature priority, even though it was revelutionary when it came out. I dont even care how big the sensor is anymore.

01-21-2014, 10:20 PM - 1 Like   #1217
Pentaxian

Can you release as 24mm (35mm efl) f2.0 lens just like the fuji's x100/s?

The last 24mm released was to big (designed for FF) and the new lens 20-40 was not fast.

Thank you.
01-22-2014, 01:53 AM   #1218

QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
Can you release as 24mm (35mm efl) f2.0 lens just like the fuji's x100/s?

The last 24mm released was to big (designed for FF) and the new lens 20-40 was not fast.

Thank you.
I subscribe to that request.

R
01-23-2014, 04:21 AM   #1219

Replace that wretched body mount cover with a hard plastic one w/ bayonet:

R

01-23-2014, 04:33 AM - 2 Likes   #1220
Pentaxian

But i prefer snap on caps, no need to find the thread specially in the dark.
01-29-2014, 04:47 PM   #1221
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The next camera I would like to order:

An APS-H with at least 24 megapixels. Keep the same frame rate or faster than the K-3. Keep improving the autofocus. Keep the Pentax name on the front.
02-05-2014, 08:56 AM   #1222

QuoteOriginally posted by traderdrew Quote
The next camera I would like to order:

An APS-H with at least 24 megapixels. Keep the same frame rate or faster than the K-3. Keep improving the autofocus. Keep the Pentax name on the front.
This. And convince CZeiss to make K-mount lenses again....or not, they say Sigma new artistic line its almost "the same".

I also hope the new Pentax 645D II to be the best camera value since the digital photography exist.

02-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #1223
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Enrique Salvador Tos Quote
And convince CZeiss to make K-mount lenses again.
+1
QuoteOriginally posted by Enrique Salvador Tos Quote
....or not, they say Sigma new artistic line its almost "the same".
No, AF lenses cannot offer the superb MF quality of the ZK lenses.
02-05-2014, 11:24 AM   #1224
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
No, AF lenses cannot offer the superb MF quality of the ZK lenses.
Focus is achieved when the lens elements are brought into a precise relationship to one another. Whether that relationship is achieved manually or automatically has no effect on the IQ. Focused is focused.
02-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #1225
Pentaxian

I think he is talking about the "feel" of the focus, not the quality of the image. Some MF lenses are just a joy to focus with.
02-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #1226
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Focus is achieved when the lens elements are brought into a precise relationship to one another. Whether that relationship is achieved manually or automatically has no effect on the IQ. Focused is focused.
The issue is, how do you reach that focused state?

For MF, the user is part of the system,
and a long, smooth focus throw helps the user bring the lens elements into that precise relationship.

OTOH, optimizing for MF makes for bad (slow) AF.

Pentax Limited primes offer a fair compromise,
but not at the level of the MF on a Takumar or a ZK lens.
02-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #1227

Lol, I was beeing sarcastic because of the look of the new Sigma Lenses. They look almost like a Zeiss. Nevertheless, they have real nice critics.

Note for Pentax:

We also want a digital back for the 67II!!! Or maybe a 67D ....its not like I will buy it, but I love when "we" have medium format and Cannikons dont, lol.
03-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #1228
Forum Member

Dear Pentax. Please come back to 16 MP sensor. Or at least give us option to save some kind of smaller RAW files.
Why?
1.Who has lenses to make good use of 24 MP sesor anyway.
2. Assunuing somebody indeed has top-quality lenses. How often do they need so much detail? Do they print posters? Personally on my K-5 more often than not I save pictures as 10 MP, 1 star JPGs.
3. It rather stick with smaller sensor and get better saving/processing times, longer bursts and even higher ISO.
4. Higher ISO again: Just look at the Nikon D4s.

And a little different topic. When thinking about buffering busrts of pictures i realized it would be nice to expand a feature that already exists on K-5. Namely when you're saving pics as JPGs you can always save the last pic in RAW quality. I guess that it's possible because last pic is still buffered in RAM memory or something. So what if there were more than one pic in this buffer. Why this is useful?
Because quite often when I shoot JPGs in burst mode. Sometimes at the end of the burst I realize that one of the pics I've just taken is a really good one and I'd like to save it as RAW. However it's almost never the very last shot taken. I would love to tweak the colors when the 'decisive moment' happened but I can only tweak colors on the last pic only. This scenario happens to me too often! Anyone else out there would find it useful?
03-03-2014, 02:13 PM   #1229
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bebeka Quote
Please come back to 16 MP sensor
I think you have a point. I just bought a K-3 for times when I'll want to crop a lot &/or go for large prints but I'm keeping my K-5IIs as well. I'm hoping the 16MP line will continue.
03-05-2014, 07:25 AM   #1230
Veteran Member

^ I think that should be in a "Dear Sony" thread then... The sensor and its variations are probably no longer produced now..