Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2009, 05:12 AM   #346
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Odd, my K100D screen has markings and while they are not the focus points themselves they tell me precisely where the focus points are in relation to them. Easy.
Are you saying the K100D focusing screen has the points indicated on the screen? I don't think you are but at the same time one could infer that from what ya wrote...

Just for fun, when you have chance play around with a camera that uses the actual focus points on the display and you will understand the difference I am talking about. No way and of the Pentax screens offer the same level of precision. And actually none of the other Canon screens for the x0D line have the focus points indicated as part of the pattern on the display.

I think the analogy of using a diagonal split image screen for manual focus vs. the standard screen. The standard screen will work, but your accuracy with the split image screen will be provide much more accurate focus results. Having the focus point always visible truly lets you paint the subject with the desired focus point w/o the need to constantly activate the AF to make sure the point is still on target. Longer shots or macro shots are very sensitive to having the active focus point precisely on target vs. in the area shots that will result from not seeing them all the time.

It might be one of those things which are not fully appreciated until you have used it for a while then go back to a body w/o such a screen. Just like those of us who grew up on the split image screen and had to adapt to the lack of the split-image circle on digital cameras. I never realized what an aid that image-circle really was until my first MF digital experience.

07-29-2009, 09:35 AM   #347

Dear Pentax (Australia)

Stock of the K7 & the DA17-70 SDM sent to JB HI FI Camera in Elizabeth St, Melbourne, please

-Impatient Pentaxian with a Tax Return
07-31-2009, 03:14 AM   #348
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am still waiting for the fabulous "Pentax Micro APS-C" system with advanced OLED EVF that will be waay lighter and smaller than any other APS DSLR, and make Pentax the one to beat. Pentax? Hello?
07-31-2009, 04:24 AM   #349
Veteran Member

IMRPOVE AF SPEED!

Yes, slow AF has manned me up to learn to MFing. Yes I got a fancy 3rd party focusing screen.

But I would still love faster AF!!

07-31-2009, 11:30 PM   #350
Pentaxian

Decouple focus priority from AF-S/AF-C modes

The camera should really give one all four options:
AF-S with shutter priority or focus priority, and
AF-C with shutter priority or focus priority.

Most often I'd like to have AF-C with focus priority but that option isn't available.

I've got AF assigned to the OK button (on a K100D) in order to decouple it from the shutter button. I understand that the AF button on a K20D/K-7 can be used in the same way.

By using separate buttons for focus and shutter release one then only needs AF-C, as one just keeps the OK/AF button pressed as long as the camera should keep tracking (short press = AF-S). No need for AF-S as such anymore, but sometimes I'd like to use focus priority while tracking with AF-C, i.e., let the camera prevent me from taking a photo before it obtained focus.
08-02-2009, 01:53 AM   #351
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
OH! Pentax please please make the K-7 PictBridge compatible! David duChemin and Gavin Gough use this feature for their travel photography, it's fantastic for giving out little prints with a portable printer.
08-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #352
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
The camera should really give one all four options:
AF-S with shutter priority or focus priority, and
AF-C with shutter priority or focus priority.

Most often I'd like to have AF-C with focus priority but that option isn't available.
I'd second this. The D90 has this feature and it's nice to have...not sure why it's hard to add...trap focus w/ manual focus lenses does approximately the same thing...

08-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #353

Waiting for K200D replacement

Dear Pentax,

The press coverage for K7 and K2000 is getting old. Please announce replacement for K200D soon.

Thanks,
OutOfFocus.
08-31-2009, 12:39 PM   #354
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OutOfFocus Quote
Dear Pentax,

The press coverage for K7 and K2000 is getting old. Please announce replacement for K200D soon.

Thanks,
OutOfFocus.
Just wait a few more days.
09-02-2009, 06:54 AM   #355
Veteran Member

Dear Samsung & Pentax.

Please provide an 8 or 10 Mp sensor that would be stuffed in a Sport / reporter / low light K7 (same everything, just a different sensor )

less pixels =
- less noise in low light
- higher frame rate with the same electronics
- less moiré in videos (full HD anybody ?)
- better dynamic range ?

At the sacrifice of large prints.

Both cameras would be market at different target.
- 14Mp for landscape, studio, wildlife
- 8 Mp for photoreporters, sports, film enthousiasts

Now that bodies are quite mature, that pixel count is less and less important, even for measurbators, having a body lineup with similar bodies and different sensors just makes sense to me.
- Minimal investment in development of body (same electronics, mecanical parts, assembly lines)
- Maximum choice for the user according to his need.
- Same accessories (focusing screen, grip etc...), same controls.

Thanks,
Guillaume

PS : Please make a 1.4 TC, I would be 1st in line customer.
09-02-2009, 07:03 AM   #356
Veteran Member

Dear Pentax,

I finally buckled and now use a 20D as i found the 100D very frustrating from a performance and usability perspective. I always avoided the 10D/20D as I found them too big and heavy.

After two trips to Chicago and Montreal .... well ... i was right ... it is in particular, too bloody heavy.

Are we anywhere near getting a DS body with SR, two wheels, snappy performance/buffer and reasonable external controls?

Don't tell me to buy a Km 'cos it's neutured.
09-02-2009, 07:04 AM   #357
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nakey Quote
Dear Pentax Australia and Associated Retailers,

Stop [edited] me around! what do you want me to do? Move to Canon? I know their customer service is shit, but at least i can get their cameras! It shouldn't take 2 [edited] weeks to get stock from south yarra to melbourne city.

seriously, i'm almost at the point of going to the officeworks next door and getting a K200D, ... no [edit] that.. the nikon D60..
Just buy everything from B+H, it'll be there in 2 days.

Last edited by Blue; 10-03-2013 at 07:46 AM. Reason: expletives editied out
09-03-2009, 04:16 AM   #358
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PLEASE, never make more than 14.6 MP at APS-C.
09-03-2009, 04:33 AM   #359
Inactive Account

PLEASE include the option to start the bracketing sequence with a 2 sec shutter delay in the next K-7 FW update.
09-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #360
Veteran Member

Please, in the next K-7 firmware update, take the 99 exposure limit off of interval shooting. For good time-lapse video this is not nearly enough!