Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2020, 07:53 AM   #121
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Unlock the video ISO max limit to match the max still images limit of the camera.

11-28-2020, 03:31 PM - 1 Like   #122
LsM

Add the KPs Outline Peaking Feature to K-1 and or K-1II or other cameras
12-08-2020, 04:59 AM   #123
Pentaxian

Deletion of a zoomed image in the Playback mode and it should keep the zoom factor for other images will be useful.
In earlier models (like my K-5iis), when I view my pictures in zoomed in mode, I can't delete them. I have to press Ok to revert the zoom, then press Delete.
In newer models (like my K70), in zoomed mode, it accepts the Delete function. But the image zooms back to original pic and I have to zoom again to view the next image.
Pressing Delete button in zoomed in mode, should delete without zooming back and also keep the zoom factor the same

(Sorry for the poor English)
12-09-2020, 06:37 PM   #124
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by siva.ss.kumar Quote
Deletion of a zoomed image in the Playback mode and it should keep the zoom factor for other images will be useful.
In earlier models (like my K-5iis), when I view my pictures in zoomed in mode, I can't delete them. I have to press Ok to revert the zoom, then press Delete.
In newer models (like my K70), in zoomed mode, it accepts the Delete function. But the image zooms back to original pic and I have to zoom again to view the next image.
Pressing Delete button in zoomed in mode, should delete without zooming back and also keep the zoom factor the same

(Sorry for the poor English)
Probably the reason it will not maintain the zoom is because using the directional arrows when zoomed in simply moves the area of zoom in the direction of the arrow that was pressed. Also, I've never tried to delete a pic while zoomed in.

04-19-2021, 01:48 PM   #125

Better software on mobile to view the images would be great! I really hope some polished android / iOS apps can come through for my K1 ii
04-20-2021, 09:14 PM   #126
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Allow custom image + digital filter settings to be saved as new user-definable presets.
Example, allow a user to create their own film simulation preset in camera and name it.

Also allow more fine tuning of Custom Image parameters, e.g. -100 to + 100.
04-20-2021, 10:35 PM - 2 Likes   #127

Another idea - adding in support for taking autofocus tune beyond the +,- 10. While these autofocus settings may be enough for well calibrated factory lenses, the older ones that have been repeatedly handled may need more range on the autofocus settings to make it worthwhile.
04-21-2021, 12:30 AM   #128
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by brainwave Quote
Another idea - adding in support for taking autofocus tune beyond the +,- 10. While these autofocus settings may be enough for well calibrated factory lenses, the older ones that have been repeatedly handled may need more range on the autofocus settings to make it worthwhile.
That is the thing I do shout about since first K-5 release times, and no one cares about it AF adjustment scale provided with Pentax cameras is about 1/2 narrower than other DSLR competition provides. I had some lenses that I had to use service menu to get global adjustment into working AF range for those, and then compensate rest of my set up or down to be spot on. Service menu allows almost indefinite shift in that matter- I don't get what is the problem to just extend range provided within user menu to be -20/+20 steps.

05-22-2021, 10:26 AM   #130
Forum Member

Add AF Fine Tuning to button customization, the Custom Function dial, or E-Dial Programming.

This would allow it to be done more or less 'on the fly' negating the need for multiple ranges a la the Sigma and Tamron USB docks.
06-02-2021, 03:44 AM   #131
Pentaxian

Remove the 4GB limit for video files when using Exfat (SDXC)cards.

Split video into 4GB files when using FAT32 (SD/SDHC) cards, rather than stopping the video recording.

---------- Post added 06-02-21 at 03:47 AM ----------

Fix and flash and bracketing. When flash is attached and bracketing is set, only flash exposure compensation is changed. Aperture, shutter speed or ISO no longer change, as they do with flash disconnected. It should be possible for these settings to change with flash too.

---------- Post added 06-02-21 at 03:52 AM ----------

Have an option to wait for the flash to recharge before allowing the next shot to be taken. Ie. Flash shutter priority, as we have for shutter focus priority.

---------- Post added 06-02-21 at 03:54 AM ----------

Warn if the SD card is missing when turning the camera on, before taking a shot.

Warn if SD card is write protected also when turning on the camera. Don't wait until it's time to take or delete a shot.
06-04-2021, 06:03 PM   #132
Pentaxian

Remove limit of 2000 shots for intervalometer. I got 5330 shots on one set of AA batteries. With one D-Li90 + 6 AA, I could probably get 7000 - 9000.

---------- Post added 06-04-21 at 06:04 PM ----------

Allow intervalometer to be used with electronic shutter to spare the mechanical shutter, and without Live view to save battery life.