Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2016, 05:52 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax in Canada

I am a loyal and proud Canadian Pentax user and have been for almost 4 decades.

I am however getting a little frustrated that the Pentax brand seems to be slowly fading away here in Canada. Many of the local and national retailers now treat the once powerful Pentax brand name as a secondary specialty product, while at the same time proudly singing great praises for the product, siting high quality and a great value for money.

I also find that Pentax products here in Canada usually always have to be ordered in with up to a 3 to 4 week delivery and rarely go on sale. It is therefore frustrating that I can go on to an American Pentax Retailers Web Site only to see a better deal on the purchase a Pentax Camera including free expedited delivery for less than I can purchase the same product in Canada including taxes and exchange on the dollar. Lets face it, while current Pentax users may be willing to order Pentax products, but most people, especially new customers, want to buy a camera they will buy the brand that is "In Stock" not order and wait for it.

This unfortunately makes me wonder if we here in Canada are paying a premium for an extra year of manufacturer's warranty and is it really worth it or if Ricoh is no longer interested in this market and is slowly abandoning the relatively small, by comparison, Canadian market.