Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2016, 07:53 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Image Sync future - image sync or wireless remote?

Now that most of the Android wifi problems seem to be addressed, I'd like to suggest that image Sync the app be maintained for the lower price cameras and a derivative app, Pentax Wireless Remote, be developed to run the camera from afar. By running the camera I mean to have a mockup of not only the LV screen but the Menu and Info screens too. This way I could turn PixelShift on or off as well as change many other settings. Syncing would be limited as the full bandwidth will be mostly dedicated to the remote function.
I would envision this as an app comes with a price and is registered to the camera.
I also would hope that the look and feel of this is shared with the the wire tethering apps. Maybe the wire tethering could actually offer wireless remote.

RONC

A discussion of this topic might help but wifi sync will never be able to handle RAW files even in near real time. Look in other threads for that discussion.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
app, camera, customer service, discussion, future image sync, image, image sync, image sync future, ricoh imaging, suggestion, sync, sync future image, wifi, wire