Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-18-2016, 05:15 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax K-02

Dear Pentax,

I own a Pentax K-3 and many many Pentax lenses. I would like a Pentax Mirrorless camera also, however, I am not a big fan of the Pentax K-01.

Due to the fact that Pentax does not offer a Mirrorless APSC camera, I have also purchased a Fujifilm camera. However, I do not like the image quality, and much prefer the Pentax Prime engine, and white balance. The lenses with Fujifilm are very good.

I would like to someday see Pentax offer a mirrorless camera, which will have its own new mount with an 8mm flange distance, to keep the dimensions small, and allow for some third party lens options.
A K-mount adapter with built in focus motor would be a must have so it can use current K-mount lenses.
New lenses, trinity zooms: 10-20, 16-50, 50-200 or 300. A few primes 16mm 1.4, 35mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4 (this is asking alot). Gun metal grey in color.
Distance scales on the lenses (linear motor driven lenses forgo distance scales typically).
An EVF or Hybrid EVF/Optical Viewfinder.
5 frames per second plus, preferably 10fps and a huge buffer.
On sensor phase detect autofocus. Autofocus speed must meet Sony A6000 speed.
Between 200-400 autofocus points.
Shake Reduction IBIS 4.5stops, and Pixel Shift.
Electronic shutter up to 32000th of a second.
Decent video 1080p up to 60fps with the old K-5 electronic-digital shake reduction (4k maybe down the track).
Battery grip to extend battery life only, no boost modes.
A popup flash that tilts up for some bounce flash.

Design: Make it look like it was a prop from Star Wars - something futuristic, purposeful and modern. White and gunmetal grey colors. Don't copy the Sony A7 or Fujifilm boxiness. Canon's M5 looks okay and modern, so I think a modern style would suit. If you want to go retro then go silver top and bottom plate with black leather - it could work well.

I personally like the K-S1 look with rear dial setup ...... A K-S1 without mirror and flange distance, and pentaprism, instead with EVF and new lens mount. The body was slippery, and the perforated leather from the K-30 would have been suitable on the grip to prevent slipping.

(Forum Members can add to any other features they see necessary which I might have missed)