Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2017, 03:42 PM   #1

K-1 Firmware suggestions

Dear Supporters,
i was asking myself if there is a chance to include the following features in the Pentax K-1 Firmware in some future release (ordered by personal priority):

-> 5:4 aspect ratio (Magazines!)

-> 1,3x Crop (to cut away bad edges and use a 24mm as a 35mm lens)

-> Option: Add last known Position to Image: When using the GPS, store the last Position and include it in the Image, even if there is no fix available yet.

-> Add the possibility to copy height, longitude and latitude (GPS Position Info) from one (RAW or JPG) image to another one (RAW or JPG) or a series of images. This comes in handy if you shoot a series of images and the fix occurs only after shooting a few frames and you want all images to have a near exact Position Info. It would help a lot to get missing position info into an already shot RAW image.

Thanks & regards
K.

Last edited by kafenio; 01-05-2017 at 05:30 PM.
01-12-2017, 04:59 PM   #2

Hello, I would like to see changed in the next firmware.
I shoot in M ​​mode, and sometimes I use lenses without wearing them for compatible mountings (bayonet) and using the live view screen, which would control the settings.
But buying a K-1, I noticed that the sensitivity matrix in the PHOTO mode (in all modes photo M, the AV, P, X, etc.) varies depending of type where the camera is pointing, whether it is light or shadow. And I wish that I could see that put on the settings and when did frame, the picture is not changed by exposure, and was the same as I've seen via live screen view.
But in the video mode, the matrix work properly. I wish that would be in the photo mode, it would be like in the video mode. Well, if it is possible to enable or disable the camera menu. Thank you.