Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2017, 08:43 AM   #1
Pentaxian

In Lens Shake Reduction

With my A*600 and K1 I can get amazing handheld shots and even work with my travel tripod with in camera SR switched on - with short exposure times. Add the 1.4x-L converter and the shake is overwhelming. Also, working with long lenses any camera movement will move the current AF field away from the object of interest. Olympus has shown it first how to implement sensor shake reduction in combination with lens shake reduction to increase effective shake reduction. 400mm on APS-C 600mm on FF should benefit from this feature. Shorter focal length lenses should also be ore stable.

07-09-2017, 10:40 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
You might try live view and something like a Hoodman loupe to get a stabilized view.
07-10-2017, 08:42 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
You might try live view and something like a Hoodman loupe to get a stabilized view.
This is a possible workaround with electronic shutter - the result will look like a silly Sony A7/9.
My suggestion was for a feature rather than a workaround.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, customer service, lens, lenses, reduction, ricoh imaging, shake, suggestion