Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
08-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #1
werfor42

K-3II replacement

Hello, everybody,
I'm new here and I don't know if this is the right place to post my suggestions.
I'm a pentax user for ten years now and I started with the K-10D. Later I got a K-5 which I still have. A reliable workhorse, but I have to think of replacement, because the end of the camera's life is coming nearer and nearer. So I'm looking for a replacement.
This is what I would wish a replacement for the K-3 II should have.
The body should look like the Pentax KP but not with that changeble grip elements, but like the K-3, so that a LI90 battery can be inserted.
It should have an EVF with about 3000K dots at a refresh rate of 150 pics/second. So the mirror box can be omitted. The viewfinder should be able to be switched from liveview to natural view.
There should be a hybrid autofocus like in the sony a 7500, covering the entire sensor aerea. The focus point should be moved by a joystick on the back of the camera, lik ont the Fuji XT-2. And it must be very quick and have excellent tracking ability
Shutter speed should be up to 1/8000s and a electronic shutter should also be there up to 1/32000s.
The sensor should be the same as in KP so that high ISOs with very little noise up to ISO 6400 or 12800.
the camera schould shoot at a maximum frame rate of 11(mechanical shutter) up to 14 frames per second (electronic shutter).
The jpeg engine should be like the one in the Fuji XT 2.
The buffer in the camera should at least accept 50 Raws or 120 jpegs before it must be written to the memory card.
There should be a Tiltable 3 inch touchscreen with full HD resolution.
The camera processor should be a multiple core one like in the olympus flagship has .
Two memory card slots for very fast cards.
a good and reliable Wifi connection to smartphones and tablets is a must. So you can control the camera remotely.
The size and weight of the camera doesn't matter. More important is, that the camera can take about 800 shots with a completely charged battery. With the battery grip 2000 shots should be achieved.

A battery grip should be offered, that accepts 2 LI90 and it should have a built in charger unit.

08-25-2017, 11:15 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You could post your ideas in the K-3 forum:

Pentax K-3 - PentaxForums.com
08-25-2017, 11:19 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Umm..okay. So you want the next Pentax flagship crop DSLR to be a Fuji mirrorless? Well, nothing's stopping you wanting...but you'd be better buying the Fuji in the first place.
08-25-2017, 11:32 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by werfor42 Quote
Hello, everybody,
I'm new here and I don't know if this is the right place to post my suggestions.
I'm a pentax user for ten years now and I started with the K-10D. Later I got a K-5 which I still have. A reliable workhorse, but I have to think of replacement, because the end of the camera's life is coming nearer and nearer. So I'm looking for a replacement.
This is what I would wish a replacement for the K-3 II should have.
The body should look like the Pentax KP but not with that changeble grip elements, but like the K-3, so that a LI90 battery can be inserted.
It should have an EVF with about 3000K dots at a refresh rate of 150 pics/second. So the mirror box can be omitted. The viewfinder should be able to be switched from liveview to natural view.
There should be a hybrid autofocus like in the sony a 7500, covering the entire sensor aerea. The focus point should be moved by a joystick on the back of the camera, lik ont the Fuji XT-2. And it must be very quick and have excellent tracking ability
Shutter speed should be up to 1/8000s and a electronic shutter should also be there up to 1/32000s.
The sensor should be the same as in KP so that high ISOs with very little noise up to ISO 6400 or 12800.
the camera schould shoot at a maximum frame rate of 11(mechanical shutter) up to 14 frames per second (electronic shutter).
The jpeg engine should be like the one in the Fuji XT 2.
The buffer in the camera should at least accept 50 Raws or 120 jpegs before it must be written to the memory card.
There should be a Tiltable 3 inch touchscreen with full HD resolution.
The camera processor should be a multiple core one like in the olympus flagship has .
Two memory card slots for very fast cards.
a good and reliable Wifi connection to smartphones and tablets is a must. So you can control the camera remotely.
The size and weight of the camera doesn't matter. More important is, that the camera can take about 800 shots with a completely charged battery. With the battery grip 2000 shots should be achieved.

A battery grip should be offered, that accepts 2 LI90 and it should have a built in charger unit.
I think you are looking for a hybrid camera which combines the Pentax K-1 and the Fuji XT 2 with a Tesla battery pack!

08-25-2017, 11:33 AM - 1 Like   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

It sounds like you want a cross between an X-series Fuji and a K-01. You are probably a little late to the game with your suggestion for the K-3II successor, but the good news is that the Fuji product is available today and your Pentax lenses can be adapted.

Steve
08-25-2017, 12:00 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Not my priorities, and I wouldn't buy - even at a cost much less than it would actually be sold at.

Colin
08-25-2017, 03:21 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by werfor42 Quote
It should have an EVF
No, not at all, optical view finder thank you, none of this evf rubbish.

I think you want a fuji not a pentax.

08-25-2017, 07:39 PM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think you have been dropping too much acid.
08-25-2017, 08:38 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

being a non drinker, non smoker, non drug taker I presume you are not referring to me

QuoteOriginally posted by Sqideyes Quote
08-25-2017, 08:50 PM - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No, mate. I was referring to OP with his fantasy camera.
08-25-2017, 08:57 PM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cheers
09-04-2017, 11:39 AM   #12

Just because it seems he doesnt know that Pentaxs JPG engine can be tweaked to death so the output can nearly look like any other camera you set it to look like,
(when you push info, you can choose colormode or what its called- choose from natural, landscape etc. and tweak it to death as you like, you can also tweak what the jpg output does with highlights, shadows, sharpness etc.)
and because he wants a joystick, does not necessarily mean that he wants a fuji...
Seems like people starting warfare again and push around on forum-newcomers loyalty, when they come up with ideas that are not likely to get implemented so dey can clap der own shoulders.
... here in our "friendly forums" where one respects the oppinion of the other... LOL
"no I am just saying" , "no its OK" , "if its not for you, go and buy fuji"

If that is not true, and people with ideas that like fresh wind are the trolls, then tell me what is so friendly about:

No, mate. I was referring to OP with his fantasy camera.
The idea of a hybrid camera is walking about for a while now. And looking at Sonys A7 and A9 cameras there is no need to "drop acid" for making someone think, that a mirrorless with the features listed by the OP would be a good idea.

I liked your ideas!

I read PF for a long time now, and I am sure there are more people who liked your ideas.
But this forum has its own ...lets call it... a drift.
And most people avoid this drift by just not posting their likes and oppinions anymore because you get bashed by some hardcore loyalists.
For me it feels a bit like catholic church in here before 1950.

Nonetheless that's not the point, again:
I liked your ideas and I would also love to see Pentax being first with a real hybrid SLR just like the A99(Mark I) or something totally new where one could remove the mirrorbox, or put on an adapter with a mirrorbox so it converts from "G-Mount" to "K-Mount" but a bit better than the A99 specwise and with a more "touching" body-design...
And if its not hybrid, they should enhance the Electronic Shutter feature(s).(flash use possible etc.-if that is technically possible-)

(still dont understand why there is no ES for K-70)