Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2017, 06:08 AM   #1

Bring Wireless flash compensation to KP

When using my K30 with a remote flash I'm able to control the intensity from -2 to 1 and have a custom option (.18) to choose if I want the master to participate or only control the light.
On the KP I now have a useful channel indicator on the main screen, it triggers the remote flash fine, but no intensity control or custom option, can you please add this small feature back on some future firmware update?
The KP is on a different level of the k30 and we are still on firmware v1.0... firmware updates is a good marketing tool!
Best,

08-31-2017, 03:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Interesting points, and you raise a few distinctions between this camera and its predecessors. So far the most commented on aspect concerning the built-in flash is the lower Guide number (6) .....but you've brought some other things to the table!

The little Wireless Channel indicator is indeed something new, and a nice refinement.

I see that on the flash modes screen there is only the option of 'Wireless Controller', not also 'master' as on previous models ..... I wonder why that's been removed ....? (Maybe due to the Guide Number?)

Regarding flash compensation, are you saying that when the mode is set to "wireless controller" that the FC numbers (0.0) in the middle of be screen disappears ? The manual doesn't say anything about this aspect, from what I can see.
10-01-2017, 08:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I plan to buy KP and I use cactus so I wont help. but EV comp at K30 worked seemingly randomly and optical triggering also. Sometimes the flash didn't fire so I chnger to radio an this works everytime