Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-26-2017, 08:00 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Canon and nikon friends don't need cactus to use Godox thats my point. I think the part your leaving out is you also put the godox trigger on top of the cactus trigger. Maybe i can post some pictures.
K-1 is a great camera with probably the best image quality for landscapes but don't minimize the lack of lighting support for whatever reasons

09-27-2017, 01:12 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ascencio Quote
Canon and nikon friends don't need cactus to use Godox thats my point. I think the part your leaving out is you also put the godox trigger on top of the cactus trigger. Maybe i can post some pictures.
K-1 is a great camera with probably the best image quality for landscapes but don't minimize the lack of lighting support for whatever reasons
You're always putting triggers on cameras and receivers on speedlights and strobes, Ascenscio, that's life, so I think you're being stubborn about this. I'm sure you're a good enough photographer to cope with doing that.

I've dealt happily with triggers every time I've shot in a studio, no different for the owners I've shot with of all the other brands. It's generic gear, it would be dumb for a workshop or a studio to be brand specific. And you would want to purchase expensive gear for yourself that you could resell to many buyers, not just Pentax owners!
09-27-2017, 01:00 PM   #18

yes... i already wanted to warn you,
that i dont know what clackers told you, because he is on my ignore list,
but to me it looked like there was a misunderstanding going on.

To me it looks like, somebody who reads, what you may have repeated from mr. clackers in a question:

So when you use your godox strobe the only thing on your camera is the cactus trigger for HSS. If so how did you set that up?
...must come to the conclusion, that a GODOX flash would work with Cactus transmitters "out of the box", what certainly is not true, and clackers for sure did not want to imply...
(sry but in the end it comes out like this.)
maybe you want to edit your former answer to mr clackers... so people dont go off and buy Cactus V6II transceivers and AD600Bs with the straight belief, they would get a working solution without the GODOX triggers.

since that is cleared up, and you already mentioned that one has to put the godox trigger on top of a cactus transceiver to get that to work (if it works!!!!)
Let me ask you, have you already tried that piggyback solution by yourself or has anybody else some experience with such a setup?

Because despite X-TTL beeing available already or not, one thing that should already work with the current firmware on the Cactus V6II, if you put a Godox Nikon trigger(X1T-N) on top
(and set the flash system on the cactus transceiver to "Nikon"),
...should be HSS!

That was, what my question actually was about; Sry, I may have expressed myself a little bit "vague" at first, because I may have been in a hurry.

If you tried the same with a Godox trigger for Canon cameras(X1T-C), I am pretty sure some people would also be interested in the results of this experiment.
09-28-2017, 02:55 AM - 1 Like   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by camyum Quote
since that is cleared up, and you already mentioned that one has to put the godox trigger on top of a cactus transceiver to get that to work (if it works!!!!).
Ridiculous ranty claim again from Camyum, no wonder he's been banned in the past from this very forum.

I took this with the Cactus transmitter on my K-1, receiver on the Godox, nothing else, end of story:

09-28-2017, 03:11 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for clearing that up Clackers.
09-29-2017, 03:16 PM - 1 Like   #21

Thanks Clackers, it's good to know that we do have a third party method of achieving off-camera HSS, just a shame it's such an expensive one compared to everyone else!
09-29-2017, 04:19 PM   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Vormulac Quote
Thanks Clackers, it's good to know that we do have a third party method of achieving off-camera HSS, just a shame it's such an expensive one compared to everyone else!
Vormulac, that's for a strobe. You're already paying big bucks for one, and for your camera and suitable lenses, so for goodness sake don't balk at the triggers!

You can get off-camera HSS *and* P-TTL as I and others have for several years using your existing Pentax speedlights with a pair of cheaper and smaller Acon triggers.

09-30-2017, 03:44 PM   #23

so it seems nobody wants to post detailed experience reports in here?