Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-18-2017, 08:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Downloadable Lens Owner's Manuals Desired

I just bought a used Pentax D FA 150-450 lens through a major vendor and there was no lens / warranty documentation included. With most lenses the owner's manual is not that informative, but with the various controls on the 150-450 lens it sure would be nice to be able to go to the Ricoh / Pentax web site and download the user's manual. From my thorough search, it appears that lens manuals are not available for review or download on the US site.

11-18-2017, 03:22 PM - 1 Like   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dave2k Quote
I just bought a used Pentax D FA 150-450 lens through a major vendor and there was no lens / warranty documentation included. With most lenses the owner's manual is not that informative, but with the various controls on the 150-450 lens it sure would be nice to be able to go to the Ricoh / Pentax web site and download the user's manual. From my thorough search, it appears that lens manuals are not available for review or download on the US site.
can't help with all lenses but for the D FA 150-450 I found this link to a pdf of the manual

https://www.pentaxforums.com/content/uploads/files/1/p1599/Untitled.pdf

when looking at the first " in depth review " of the lens here in the forum

HD Pentax-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews,

it is on page 3 of the review

I hope it helps you out
11-18-2017, 03:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks!

I think that's exactly what I was looking for! I guess this forum is a better source of Pentax lens documentation than Pentax. I'll be sure to check here first next time. Thanks again!
11-18-2017, 03:34 PM   #4
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dave2k Quote
I think that's exactly what I was looking for! I guess this forum is a better source of Pentax lens documentation than Pentax. I'll be sure to check here first next time. Thanks again!
you are welcome

I like my copy of the D FA 150 - 450 which I also got used without paperwork

I usually use it hand held ( thank you Pentax SR )

you might want to take a look at this thread

Post your HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW pictures! - Page 79 - PentaxForums.com

and this thread has " evolved " to allow posting of photos using that and other zooms as well

The 300mm plus lens Club discuss your long lenses. - Page 1792 - PentaxForums.com

looking forward to seeing your contributions to either or both threads

01-30-2018, 04:37 PM   #5
Veteran Member

You also have a Pentax lenses and accesories brochure to look at:
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/pdf/pentax_acc.pdf