Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2018, 11:41 PM   #16
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I use a 35mm optical finder ** on a K-x with 20mm f/4 M lens and it is very nice handling, and small. I would try such an arrangement w/ the newer small Pentax. It combines the speed and ability to see what is entering the frame using the optical finder, along w/ the advantages of dslr.
_____
** The 35mm finder magnification allows me to shoot w/ both eyes open--likely not so with a 28mm finder.

01-21-2018, 05:18 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
My preferred solution would be to keep the ovf and instead put RnD on minimizing the distance from sensor to back of camera.The mirror box could almost be pushed into the camera thickness. Perhaps radically rethinking the screen would help. There's so much stuff back there. I know it's necessary but I'd like to add. For now. Would be great if someone radically explored the consequences of making thinness a goal for a dslr. The KP is a good model to start off with. Just replace the flash with a GPS

Last edited by house; 01-21-2018 at 05:20 AM. Reason: added
01-21-2018, 10:08 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Interesting image! - What‘s possible today in going smaller we can see if we look at other cameras that also include IBIS and flexible displays plus EVF - even with FF and MF.

Homo Sapiens and animals DNA wise are the same by more than (I think) 97%! Cameras are tools and manufacturers have their concepts to make them somehow unique. But that can change - like DNA, whatever definition we use. Without change of DNA there won‘t be progress through evolution.
01-27-2018, 11:14 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
instead put RnD on minimizing the distance from sensor to back of camera.
Goodbye rear LCD and IBIS...

Steve

01-28-2018, 07:33 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
K-01 is a decent camera but they made every discretionary decision precisely incorrectly. The camera couldn’t overcome the sum of their errors.

A K-mount MILC optimized to APSc prime pancake lenses, designed to look like a camera with even a passable EVF would sell quite well, I believe, if they market the comparable combined mass and volume of a camera and lens together versus competition comparable lens FL.
I took my K01 (don't use it much) to NYC last week as a carry around. I agree, it's a nice camera, but it would be a ton better with some more grip and an updated viewfinder. Those two things alone I'd use it so much more.
01-30-2018, 04:18 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Take a Ricoh GR, make it just little bigger. Use a larger Q mount and modify DA limiteds + GR 18mm.
Just 1 fps, optional evf and touch screen instead of more buttons. And a extra battery
And it's much smaller than Sony/Fuji APS.

Last edited by Bophoto; 01-30-2018 at 04:47 PM.