Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2018, 05:19 PM   #1

Pentax 645 Lenses on K-1

Just curious, are there any "sleeper" or just gotta have bargain or otherwise Pentax 645 lenses that are ideally suitable for the K-1 for Macro and/or Landscapes. I already own the FA31, FA77, FA85/1.4, and D FA100/2.8 macro. I'd appreciate any info from those in the know! I do realize I will need an adapter.

03-17-2018, 08:29 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kingman Quote
Just curious, are there any "sleeper" or just gotta have bargain or otherwise Pentax 645 lenses that are ideally suitable for the K-1 for Macro and/or Landscapes. I already own the FA31, FA77, FA85/1.4, and D FA100/2.8 macro. I'd appreciate any info from those in the know! I do realize I will need an adapter.
Not really IMO- the adapter adds a lot of bulk and forces manual metering and focusing. Tele lenses are too heavy and wide lenses aren't wide enough.

If you're looking for bargains, though, there are plenty of M, K, and Takumar lenses that are worth getting. Check the lens reviews:
Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-17-2018, 09:52 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kingman Quote
I have used the FA 45-85, FA200 and the A120 macro. I bought these lenses in anticipation of getting into the 645 system but after my K1 decided to stay with the 35mm format. I sold the 45-85 which was a great lens. It was sharp but suffered from major flare problem. the FA200 is pretty good too. The A120 macro is the sleeper. If you can live with the clunky focusing and metering, the images are beyond good. On the other hand you already have a fantastic macro in the 100mm. So there is no real advantage to the 645 lenses. BTW, your other lenses are super stars too. I own the 31, the 77 and the DFA 100 macro too and use them when I want the best in optical performance.

The bargain sleeper I have is an old manual focus K-mount Sears 50mm f2 lens from ages ago. It matches my FA43 Limited in sharpness. I have heard it was made by Pentax for Sears.
03-18-2018, 10:13 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
The bargain sleeper I have is an old manual focus K-mount Sears 50mm f2 lens from ages ago. It matches my FA43 Limited in sharpness. I have heard it was made by Pentax for Sears.
Is it the same, or different than the Pentax 50mm f/2 of the same era?

03-19-2018, 05:27 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks all, I guess I am set and no need to add items that duplicate or complicate matters.
03-19-2018, 07:19 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
Is it the same, or different than the Pentax 50mm f/2 of the same era?
Sorry for the late reply. I just saw your post. I do not own the Pentax 50mm f2 so I cannot comment on their similarities. All I know is that it is one sharp lens and looks like it has a quality built. I don't know how old it is but it is in perfect shape both glass and the body. I believe the Sear lens review is in the database if you want to check.