Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-25-2018, 08:07 AM - 2 Likes   #1

For the K1 (both versions)

The K1 has a Tav mode, as does my Ricoh GRll, but the GR has one feature I find very useful that the K1 does not. In the GR menu I can set the camera so that when using Tav mode there is either an aperture or shutter priority option. This means that when street shooting, I can set the camera to a certain shutter speed and aperture, but if the scene is all of a sudden too bright, the shutter speed will adjust to keep the proper exposure (if I have it set to Tav shutter priority). With the K1, if I encounter too bright a scene, I just see a blinking iso 100 indicator and I have to manually adjust settings.

So I would like to see this GR feature in the K1.

Thanks,

John Krumm

06-28-2018, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by johnkrumm Quote
The K1 has a Tav mode, as does my Ricoh GRll, but the GR has one feature I find very useful that the K1 does not. In the GR menu I can set the camera so that when using Tav mode there is either an aperture or shutter priority option. This means that when street shooting, I can set the camera to a certain shutter speed and aperture, but if the scene is all of a sudden too bright, the shutter speed will adjust to keep the proper exposure (if I have it set to Tav shutter priority). With the K1, if I encounter too bright a scene, I just see a blinking iso 100 indicator and I have to manually adjust settings.

So I would like to see this GR feature in the K1.

Thanks,

John Krumm
Thank you for letting me know my problem was fixable.

I have a custom mode on my GR for street photography. TAv, manual focus prefocused to 1.5m, f8 so everything from 1-3m is sharp, 1/400 shutter to freeze motion. I then tweak the shutter speed or aperture a little to suit current lighting conditions. If I open aperture or slow the shutter to deal with deep shade, then step into sunlight without changing settings, ISO pins itself at 100, shows a yellow "!AE!" warning, and gives very overexposed photos.

... menu diving ...

"Shutter/Aperture Auto Shift". It was off. I set it to aperture priority and now TAv mode will speed up the shutter when needed. Yay!