Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2018, 12:33 PM   #1

Pre versus Post Filters on Pentax K3ii

Why are the available filters different if you choose to apply a filter to the original image shot, as opposed to filters that are available after the image is captured? I find the menu to get into those filters tedious, time-consuming... especially shooting at the magic hour or sunsets. I like the results from a couple of Efx with the pre-shoot; but then I have to mess around to capture it clean then go through the menus to get it again with that filter now to capture the same scene with the filter effect; those sunsets don't last very long.

08-04-2018, 07:23 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gwd4YQL Quote
Why are the available filters different if you choose to apply a filter to the original image shot, as opposed to filters that are available after the image is captured? I find the menu to get into those filters tedious, time-consuming... especially shooting at the magic hour or sunsets. I like the results from a couple of Efx with the pre-shoot; but then I have to mess around to capture it clean then go through the menus to get it again with that filter now to capture the same scene with the filter effect; those sunsets don't last very long.
Can you clarify your problem a bit? I doubt if many of us use the in camera filters often so we may need a bit more detail about what you want to do. Most of what is available in the camera would be available in post processing software such as PDCU.
08-17-2018, 05:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

If you shoot RAW, you can always re-develop in camera with any WB or color/scene settings you'd like (or the extra filters, which are a completely different thing).