Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2018, 05:31 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Interval shooting with bulb-timer (K-1)

K-1 (mk2) has option to do in-camera multiexposures (interval composite) with bulb-timer BUT it is not possible to select interval shooting only with bulb-timer. Please fix this. It is more convenient to take 60x60 or 30x120 or even 15x240 second stack instead of 120x30 second for star trails stacking. For thicker and longer trails this is essential fix and huge data saver.

08-30-2018, 08:16 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I picked up one of these for my K-3 and am very pleased with it. It will do all those things you want and save the camera battery for the shutter.
Vello ShutterBoss II Timer Remote Switch for Canon RC-C2II B&H
08-30-2018, 08:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Seems like it should be a simple addition and solution. Makes complete sense.

They should also tidy up the Video recording settings by fixing the shutter speed for the appropriate frame rate i.e. when you are shooting in 24fps the shutter speed is automatically set to 1/48th second, 25fps 1/50th 60fps 1/120th. etc. This would eliminate when switching back and forth between still and video having to adjust the shutter speed every time which eliminates the spontaneity.
08-30-2018, 10:54 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Isn't the better solution to simply change the shutter speed limits on M mode to extend to longer shutter times? That way Bulb can retain it's normal behavior of trigger shutter opening and then shutter closing with either shutter_button_down + shutter_button_up or shutter_button_down + shutter_button_down.

In fact, I'd love Pentax to implement the same parameter-range controls that it offers for ISO for the other two exposure variables. That would let the user set the min shutter time, max shutter time, min aperture, and max aperture. That would let the user set their preferences for "acceptable" values of all three exposure variables.

09-01-2018, 12:00 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Either one works for me. But now it is half-finished solution as multiexposure interval is already there with bulb-timer.

I do have separate remote interval release, actually 3 of them, but I usually forget those or they have run empty on battery. It is more convenient to have those in-camera especially in nasty weather.