Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2018, 07:43 AM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hunt's Holiday Spectacular - where's Pentax?

My local authorized US Ricoh Imaging/Pentax dealer, Hunt's Photo & Video, in Melrose, MA, runs a big fall sales promotion every year (Oct 19-21 this year). Sales reps from most vendors come to demonstrate new products, there are good promotions and bundles available. It's a mini photo-expo in store.

Their sales flyer just arrived in the mail. Guess which brand of camera is NOT represented in the flyer?
Let's see: Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic, Fujifilm, Olympus - all featured in the flyer.
GoPro, Zeiss, Tamron, Sigma, JVC, DJI - yep.

Ricoh? Nothing.
Pentax? Nothing. Oh wait, there are two Pentax binoculars listed on page 21.

This is the ONLY authorized dealer who carries Pentax products in the area. Hunt's is one of the few remaining brick and mortar camera stores left. They have deep selection, professional products, and excellent customer service.

Yet, as far as anyone would know by looking at the flyer, Pentax is no longer a camera manufacturer. This is a well-known, major retailer, and the photo show is a great chance to get people in to actually touch and try your products. This is one of the VERY FEW stores that actually have Pentax cameras on the shelves.

Ricoh really should have made sure the KP, K-1 ii and D-FA* 50 were featured in the flyer. It will be interesting to see what the Ricoh sales rep (if there is one this year) has on hand to show.

Does Ricoh have ANY interest in promoting the Ricoh/Pentax products? Customers need to see these products exist before they can buy them. What's the point of having 'authorized dealers' who aren't used to promote your products?

Sigh.

10-13-2018, 10:31 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I see your point ! and its a valid one , I have invested quite a few $ these past few years in Pentax Gear , the Weather sealant is what sold me on this product ,since 90% of my photography is outdoors , I've been really wanting to purchase the new 50mm Pentax lens , but the $1,500.00 is stopping me . do I take that $1,500.00 if I happen to find it and start investing on another brand that's more Guaranteed to be still around , don't get me wrong I love my Pentax equipment for my outdoor work and it does the job well , but I'm wanting to take a step back from my landscapes and move towards Portraits, there's a lot more opportunity with the other brands in this field on equipment , new and used , so to get back to your comment yes I agree unless your researching on Pentax Products I don't see it promoted in any of my daily world ,but I do see the other Brands a lot , hence the reason I became a member of this Forum its the only place I find any information on new Pentax Products !