Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2019, 10:40 AM   #1

L bracket for Pentax 67ii

Hello everyone!
I recently bought a tripod with a RRS BH-55 ballhead. I’ve been looking for an L bracket with no luck. Can you please recommend me which and where to find one?

Many thanks to all of you!

Borja

Last edited by Borja; 03-08-2019 at 11:07 AM.
03-09-2019, 07:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Kirk made one, part number BL-6X7II, but it’s discontinued. I have a saved search on eBay, and only two have come up for sale in the last year. Both sold for more than $500.
03-16-2019, 04:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm amazed at the price for these given they're mostly a piece of bent metal (I'm sure there's more to it but $500 buys a lot of engineering). I looked for one for my P67 but gave up and bought a Vanguard BBH-300 ball head (supposedly rated for 66lbs and drops into a 90 degree angle) - next I'm looking for a tripod plate with an additional screw to fit the 'alignment' hole next to the tripod socket on the P67 (I presume that's what it's meant for?).

The BBH-300 will serve me well with any camera and the money I saved went towards a 645D - which already has a tripod socket on the side (brilliant feature of the whole 645 range).
05-05-2019, 03:14 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Borja Quote
Hello everyone!
I recently bought a tripod with a RRS BH-55 ballhead. I’ve been looking for an L bracket with no luck. Can you please recommend me which and where to find one? Many thanks to all of you! Borja
It's certainly a good head, I got one recently for a specific use, but can see me getting another for everyday tripod use.

I had problems getting an L Bracket for a K1 with the grip fitted, I finally came up with a Universal Bracket from 3 Legged Thing. It might be worth your while to have a quick look at their product range to see if they have any thing suitable.

3 LEGGED THING L-BRACKET, UNIVERSAL reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

05-27-2019, 02:44 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by abruzzi Quote
Kirk made one, part number BL-6X7II, but it’s discontinued. I have a saved search on eBay, and only two have come up for sale in the last year. Both sold for more than $500.
My god father $500 all I can say a fool & there money soon departed . I would go to a engineering shop & take them a sample of a ebay 1 for normal SLR & see if they can knock up 1 before paying $500.

Or even a L bracket made up ( normal type ie hardware shop) & install a couple of long diconnect plates on the bracket