Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2019, 08:42 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
Can you share information on the lens, like a link to where it is for sale? It can be easy to purchase a lens online that turns out to be for a different system than what was described.

Vivitar 28mm f2.0 MC Wide-Angle Lens Kiron, Pentax PK 35mm SLRs, mirrorless | eBay

I am considering take this!!

09-05-2019, 11:14 AM   #17
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dimxatzis Quote
looks like it might be one of these

QuoteQuote:
Vivitar 24mm lenses were made by several manufacturers, mainly Kiron (22xxxx), Komine (28xxxx), Tokina (37xxxx) and Cosina (9xxx), distinguishable by the serial numbers and name plates.
Read more at: Vivitar (komine 28xxx) MC WIDE ANGLE 24mm f2 Lens Reviews - Vivitar Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

The fast f2 "close focus" wide angles were Vivitar's premium offerings. They were made either by Kiron or, this one, Komine.

Read more at: Vivitar (Komine 28xxxx) 28mm F2.0 MC Close Focus Wide Angle Lens Reviews - Vivitar Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

may have been made by Kiron according to serial number key

lens - How to identify the original manufacturer of lenses branded Vivitar? - Photography Stack Exchange

as I posted earlier I am quite pleased with my Kiron - I like mine a lot:

Kino Precision Japan Kiron 28mm F2 MC P/KA

Kiron 28mm F2 MC Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Last edited by aslyfox; 09-05-2019 at 01:23 PM.
09-05-2019, 11:56 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
asly, you've got links to 24mm f2.0 lenses in your reply, and dimxatzis has linked us to a 28mm f2.0 lens. Guidance is actually kind of the same; I think the Kino Precision 24 and 28 f2 lenses perform fairly similarly. The Vivitar lenses from that era with serial numbers starting in 22 are Kino products. I also have a Kiron 28mm f2.0 that I think is the same optically as this lens and I'm pretty happy with it. The one issue is aperture blades getting oily and not acting quite right which is a common issue and is documented as how to fix if you look online enough.

dimxatzis, this should fit your needs quite well, and is compatible with the K1000. The lens isn't the best performer at f2 although I find it "good enough". By f5.6 it's quite sharp and decently contrasty. A hood will help as well.
09-05-2019, 01:25 PM   #19
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

asly, you've got links to 24mm f2.0 lenses in your reply, and dimxatzis has linked us to a 28mm f2.0 lens. Guidance is actually kind of the same; I think the Kino Precision 24 and 28 f2 lenses perform fairly similarly. The Vivitar lenses from that era with serial numbers starting in 22 are Kino products. I also have a Kiron 28mm f2.0 that I think is the same optically as this lens and I'm pretty happy with it. The one issue is aperture blades getting oily and not acting quite right which is a common issue and is documented as how to fix if you look online enough.

dimxatzis, this should fit your needs quite well, and is compatible with the K1000. The lens isn't the best performer at f2 although I find it "good enough". By f5.6 it's quite sharp and decently contrasty. A hood will help as well.
oops

thanks for the help

I think I have corrected the information and link

09-05-2019, 01:33 PM   #20

Original Poster
Thanks a lot guys for the tips! Could anyone read the item description to tell me about the condition??
09-05-2019, 01:48 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It looks pretty good, not great or perfect, but completely usable *to me*. Others on here seem more selective. Grain of salt and all that with opinions but hopefully others will take a glance at it.
09-05-2019, 01:52 PM   #22
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

It looks pretty good, not great or perfect, but completely usable *to me*. Others on here seem more selective. Grain of salt and all that with opinions but hopefully others will take a glance at it.
I won't offer an opinion

but since it says " make offer " I suggest you think of what you are willing to risk and make him an offer

who knows he might accept it.
09-06-2019, 06:16 AM   #23

Original Poster

There will be problem with the photos???

09-06-2019, 07:19 AM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't think there will be problems with the photos taken with that lens. I am just one person so take my statement as just a single voice where others could also weigh in. Not having the lens in-hand to use and evaluate makes this difficult.
09-06-2019, 07:28 AM   #25
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

. . . . Not having the lens in-hand to use and evaluate makes this difficult.
I agree

only the OP can decide to take the risk
09-26-2019, 12:55 PM   #26

Original Poster
Hi guys!! I come up with an other dilemma. I am going for a 24mm k mount. I have 2 in mind. Sigma 24mm F2.8 Super wide II and SMC Pentax 24mm F3.5. Of course if you have a better suggestion I will appreciate it!!!
09-26-2019, 01:02 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Super-Wide II is well respected for its image quality. The manual focus version should be well under $100 USD in great condition. I would definitely get one if you want that focal length and can find one in good condition for a good price.
1 Day Ago   #28
Forum Member

I would give the Takumar 24mm a try. It is a very lovely wide lens.