Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Advice and tips for Ricoh's US website

Ricoh USA has no links on its site for the smc PENTAX-DA★ 50-135mm F2.8 ED [IF] SDM. I humbly recommend the Ricoh USA team copy and adapt the more robust content from Ricoh Japan's website.

So far as I know, the vaunted "star" lens is still in production. There actually is a product page for it. Yet one cannot click to it from the page listing Pentax Telephoto Lenses or Pentax Standard Lenses. The omission may appear minor, but it is one of several notable gaps in the USA site.

The 50–135mm ƒ/2.8 is a "go-to" long lens for the APS-C enthusiast or semi-pro. Even people who don't plan on buying one might feel reassured to know that Pentax offers it—or wonder what's up with a camera line that (seemingly) doesn't offer a fast telephoto zoom.

Excited though I was to see Ricoh make room on its summertime home page to tout the upcoming HD 10–17mm Fish-Eye... that lens shipped two months ago. It's a little dusty to see the "preorder now" button still on the home page for something already available in the marketplace.

Meanwhile, the English-language version of Ricoh's Japanese site is full to bursting with good content, including the prestige 50–135mm "star" lens. The English text has some quirks and bumps, but generally it is professional and inspiring. Why oh why can't Ricoh North America grab all this wonderful content and put it up at us.ricoh-imaging.com ?