Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Days Ago   #1

Suggestion for Pentax - We need a PTTL Ring flash

Pentax seems to be a harder sell for macro shooters these days with only 3 native macro lenses and NO ring flash options (not too mention the need for an articulating screen on new APS/C products). Please bring a PTTL ring flash back to market!

3 Days Ago   #2

Humm, strange I have a very nice Pentax Ring Flash PTTL. The Pentax AF160FC. I use it on Pentax K S2, Pentax Q S1, Pentax 645 N ii, and my Pentas Superprogram. Works great on all of them.
3 Days Ago   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Denver Quote
Humm, strange I have a very nice Pentax Ring Flash PTTL. The Pentax AF160FC. I use it on Pentax K S2, Pentax Q S1, Pentax 645 N ii, and my Pentas Superprogram. Works great on all of them.
But it isn't available new anymore.
2 Days Ago - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The AF160s are easy enough to find used. What I'd love to see from Pentax is a new set of macro tubes with data pins supporting automatic aperture control.

2 Days Ago   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

that is kind of odd.

i have only come across, once, a set of AF160FC, on same om ebay.

And the asking price is rather ridiculously high.

The other "near alternative" is the Sigma EM-140DG, which is also rather difficult to come across (in pentax mount).

In canon or nikon mount, plenty around.
1 Day Ago   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
$30 or whatever can get you a ring diffusion modifier to put on any flash you like. I have a Neewer clone.