Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
10-18-2020, 08:48 PM   #16
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yep, though that is the first case for the original post.

Steve
Yep, though that is the first case for the original post.
Fair enough - it was the M mode I was concerned about.
So K-1 , M mode, Liveview , Aperture set to manual - doesn't matter whether your exposure setting is correct or not and you are good to go.

10-19-2020, 03:43 PM   #17
Pentaxian

And my response at the time that expands a bit beyond the original post above...
Indeed, manual flash field macro is precisely my use case, so I also totally wish there was a setting in the camera firmware to disable liveview exposure preview. Just pointing to the workaround I've been using...
10-19-2020, 03:52 PM   #18
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Indeed, manual flash field macro is precisely my use case, so I also totally wish there was a setting in the camera firmware to disable liveview exposure preview. Just pointing to the workaround I've been using...
Just to clarify - Does your lens not have an aperture ring or do you choose to use the "A" setting. I have no "exposure preview" issue in precisely this setup.
10-19-2020, 04:09 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Just to clarify - Does your lens not have an aperture ring or do you choose to use the "A" setting. I have no "exposure preview" issue in precisely this setup.
Indeed, D-FA 100mm WR Macro does not have an aperture ring. Though I have other lenses that do, but still would prefer to be able to control aperture from the camera body and have the value used be in the EXIF of the shots...

10-19-2020, 05:56 PM   #20
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Indeed, D-FA 100mm WR Macro does not have an aperture ring. Though I have other lenses that do, but still would prefer to be able to control aperture from the camera body and have the value used be in the EXIF of the shots...
Yeah it is nice to have that EXIF info