Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2021, 01:08 AM - 1 Like   #46
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Having used an xt3 recently, something I thought I'd like, the manual switches, were something I ended up hating. Too easy to move, too many switches to flip for different settings and basically just irritating. It's funny how something you percieve is a good idea doesn't work on an individual level. I was glad to get back to my retro styled kp and modern control wheels.

11-22-2021, 02:27 AM - 2 Likes   #47
Veteran Member

I went down the retro road with Fuji. Growing up on 35mm SLR cameras I thought it would be like coming home. Honestly after shooting one wedding I hated the interface. Returned all the Fuji kit and here I am back with Pentax.
11-22-2021, 03:31 AM - 1 Like   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sarge Quote
I went down the retro road with Fuji. Growing up on 35mm SLR cameras I thought it would be like coming home. Honestly after shooting one wedding I hated the interface. Returned all the Fuji kit and here I am back with Pentax.
I can understand that. What I do like about he fuji is that you can see all your settings with the camera off. With the MF cameras they have a lcd that can be always on. That is one feature I'd love for Pentax to copy.
11-22-2021, 07:21 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I like that the LCD is generally off on my KP
Of course, I kinda grew up with just the “find the middle” needle meter on the SP500, so the fewer blinky lights and distractions, the more I can focus on the shot
I guess I’m just easily distracted…

11-22-2021, 07:41 PM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Michael Piziak Quote
With the likes of Fujifilm, Leica, Olympus, and now even Nikon, all doing fairly well with their releases of retro cameras, who else would love to see a retro looking Pentax DSLR ?
Perhaps in the realm of the price of the kp or k-70

Regards,

Michael
LX, and LX pls ! I also want to see Pentax to re-consider the MZ-D with larger LCD, just like the OM EM1X with built in grip.
11-23-2021, 10:46 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^

How many of these dreamers would be willing to actually plonk real money down on their dream camera that is, in reality, a three legged gazelle?
All Pentax cameras are retro, haven't you heard? Internally, that is.

---------- Post added 11-23-21 at 10:50 PM ----------

It's a fool's errand, especially for Pentax. The mirror box and registration distance will never allow cameras to shrink to the size of a mirrorless camera. Small size, I believe, is what most folks miss about older cameras. Or is it a shutter speed dial on top? I've used a couple of Fujis, and their top SS dial is an inconvenient affectation. It's much easier to rotate the thumb or finger dial on a Pentax. Other than those two factors, what makes a Retro camera?
11-24-2021, 12:35 AM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
I can understand that. What I do like about he fuji is that you can see all your settings with the camera off. With the MF cameras they have a lcd that can be always on. That is one feature I'd love for Pentax to copy.
And then you have to turn the thing on to change any of them? I’m not really following this, almost by Interweb definition, Pentax are retro already because not mirrorless, no 8K video, blah blah blah.

11-24-2021, 12:41 AM   #53
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
And then you have to turn the thing on to change any of them?
That's unfortunate but still better than not knowing.
11-24-2021, 01:06 PM   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
Are they using an e-ink display?
Although the monochrome LCD should have a minimal power consumption, perhaps this could be a setting...
11-25-2021, 02:24 AM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lotech Quote
LX, and LX pls ! I also want to see Pentax to re-consider the MZ-D with larger LCD, just like the OM EM1X with built in grip.
+1 YES an LX please, love the form-factor and simplicity. I'd pay for this + 21mm Ltd combo - both in silver finish . Make use of standard Li-Ion batteries like 26650 or 38120. No inbuilt charger required.
11-25-2021, 07:47 AM   #56
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Are they using an e-ink display?
Although the monochrome LCD should have a minimal power consumption, perhaps this could be a setting...
Someone suggested the power draw of a LCD is so small you can just keep it powered.
11-25-2021, 08:02 AM   #57
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vijaykishan Quote
+1 YES an LX please, love the form-factor and simplicity. I'd pay for this + 21mm Ltd combo - both in silver finish . Make use of standard Li-Ion batteries like 26650 or 38120. No inbuilt charger required.
A film camera? It would be as expensive as a high-end DSLR, particularly since it would have to be newly developed.
11-26-2021, 02:26 AM   #58
Pentaxian

A film camera? It would be as expensive as a high-end DSLR, particularly since it would have to be newly developed.
Digital LX is more like it. I already have a Lovely LX, thank you.
11-26-2021, 02:36 AM   #59
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vijaykishan Quote
Digital LX is more like it. I already have a Lovely LX, thank you.
How much are you willing to pay for something that would be only a hint of the old LX, and otherwise a typical DSLR?
11-26-2021, 04:01 AM   #60
Pentaxian

How much are you willing to pay for something that would be only a hint of the old LX, and otherwise a typical DSLR?
, if it does what the K1 does (I can compromise on tilt display and a few others) with a better sensor and a faster memory write speeds, that would be my K1 upgrade candidate.