Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2022, 04:16 AM - 2 Likes   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've always thought it would be nice to have sort of built in neutral dansity filters, achieved by changing the sensor's sensitivity locally, so you could pull down an ND grad over the sky on your touch screen or place an ND spot over the sun or other highlights out of the sensor's normal range at the set ISO. Probably fantasyland, but the thread invites it.

05-22-2022, 07:47 PM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Maybe so. It would have to be pretty easy to do, otherwise folks would mess it up at home.
Should be no harder than what other have for an interface

All you have to do is set your target according to the distance scale and FL on the lens and make your adjustments.
It probably won't be as easy with 3rd party lenses on a pentax body but as for any lens that records the distance it should work
06-05-2022, 12:20 AM - 1 Like   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No information overlay. Am I the only one who think it's a bad idea to have camera settings/modes text overlay on image previews, viewfinder or live view? Would be much better if the images was beside and around the image frame. I often toggle overlay on/off so that I can view my composition, switching overlay on/off is unnecessary or even annoying. If the information would be displayed outside the image frame or on a separate display, switching overlay on/off wouldn't be necessary.
06-21-2022, 02:02 PM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobayashi.K Quote

What we see today from the likes of Microsoft, Apple and others is that they rigorously ditched the PDF and replaced it by an online version, consisting of a full index with a bunch of webpages linked from it. For example the iPhone 13 manual has an index of more than 800 lines alone, that would be a 800 page PDF at least 1]. Apple is doing this for all their gear, all the info is compact but sufficiently detailed, supplementary links are added to each page for related info, and even users can give feedback to improve the contents. To be fair, a local search option is missing.

Pentax should stop making a PDF and a paper version of the user manual and create an online version only. In the box a leaflet with a Quick Start and a reference to the full manual online. The manual can be accessed by phone or tablet from every location you want. This is not only a solution to the problems we have now, it is a big improvement in general, and I guess at the same time with a reduction of the cost.
I donít know about the rest of you but I often go places where I donít have any connection, but I have all my camera manuals on my iPad, why should I just assume that the internet is every where, it isnít. Until the internet is everywhere we need manuals, books , pdfs, and should have the right to look up information the way we want, and not driven by the need to fuel profits of major corporations whos only interest in putting things on line is their profits, NOT your convenience

06-21-2022, 02:14 PM   #65
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I don’t know about the rest of you but I often go places where I don’t have any connection, but I have all my camera manuals on my iPad, why should I just assume that the internet is every where, it isn’t. Until the internet is everywhere we need manuals, books , pdfs, and should have the right to look up information the way we want, and not driven by the need to fuel profits of major corporations whos only interest in putting things on line is their profits, NOT your convenience
Well, we have the right to choose to buy only from manufacturers that provide paper manuals... or, if the brand we want doesn't provide them, we have the right to buy that brand and compromise, or else pick another brand that does. None of these companies are forcing us to buy their products

You carry your manuals on your iPad?! Man, that's organised. I carry my smartphone everywhere (at least, I do when I remember it ) but don't have any manuals on it... and the few printed manuals for the cameras I own are back in the retail boxes or on my book-shelves. I just dig into the menus to find what I need when I'm out and about (even when I'm at home, actually). It might take a little while if I haven't used a feature for some time, but I generally get there in the end
06-21-2022, 02:45 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote

You carry your manuals on your iPad?! Man, that's organised.
not really along with bird guides maps, novels, etc itís about all I carry in addition to gear, but it comes in handy

QuoteQuote:
I carry my smartphone everywhere (at least, I do when I remember it ) but don't have any manuals on it..
But as I said you are not always in cell range, hence pdfs

QuoteQuote:
and the few printed manuals for the cameras I own are back in the retail boxes or on my book-shelves. I just dig into the menus to find what I need when I'm out and about (even when I'm at home, actually). It might take a little while if I haven't used a feature for some time, but I generally get there in the end
but again if I took all my bird guides plus camera manuals in paper, the weight would exceed my gear, changing a few memory bits from blank to a camera manual weighs nothing

---------- Post added 06-21-22 at 05:49 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
The ability to record all in-camera settings, user modes, and custom functions to a file that can be saved to SD card and read by other Pentax cameras that allows them to be set up (features permitting) the same way.
Taking this further, letís imagine you are processing some raw shots in the Pentax photo utility. It should mimic your camera settings in the ranges of adjustments, and allow you to transfer them back to your camera as a custom raw to jpeg setting
06-21-2022, 03:06 PM   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
But as I said you are not always in cell range, hence pdfs
It wouldn't matter whether I was in cell range or not... I don't pay for data on my mobile phone. Away from home, I'm disconnected from the internet unless I visit a coffee shop and actually ask for the wifi details, which I rarely do (it spoils a good coffee )... and my phone generally stays in my pocket unless I need to make or receive a phone call. It's handy for emergencies, though...

06-21-2022, 07:10 PM   #68
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Well, we have the right to choose to buy only from manufacturers that provide paper manuals... or, if the brand we want doesn't provide them, we have the right to buy that brand and compromise, or else pick another brand that does. None of these companies are forcing us to buy their products

You carry your manuals on your iPad?! Man, that's organised. I carry my smartphone everywhere (at least, I do when I remember it ) but don't have any manuals on it... and the few printed manuals for the cameras I own are back in the retail boxes or on my book-shelves. I just dig into the menus to find what I need when I'm out and about (even when I'm at home, actually). It might take a little while if I haven't used a feature for some time, but I generally get there in the end
Onedrive is my solution.
Available anywhere, also on my phone.
Attached Images

« K-s1 replacement | - »