Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2022, 08:54 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A-20mm hood

Would someone have a lens hood suggestion for an A-20mm? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Ski Jumper; 11-13-2022 at 10:05 AM.
11-13-2022, 10:51 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ski Jumper Quote
Would someone have a lens hood suggestion for an A-20mm? Thanks in advance!
The original hood for the A series 20mm f 2.8 was a MH-RB67. If you want to attain historical accuracy you can keep your eyes open on ebay etc. for one of these.

Otherwise any screw-in or clip-on ultra wide angle hood will do as long as it is designed for the 67mm thread. Some of the collapsible rubber ones are quite good (and cheap) and they can be multi-purpose.... ie fully extended for a 50mm lens and partially for a wider one.

If you are using the lens on an aps-c camera you can get away with a hood designed for a longer FL.
11-13-2022, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
The original hood for the A series 20mm f 2.8 was a MH-RB67. If you want to attain historical accuracy you can keep your eyes open on ebay etc. for one of these.

Otherwise any screw-in or clip-on ultra wide angle hood will do as long as it is designed for the 67mm thread. Some of the collapsible rubber ones are quite good (and cheap) and they can be multi-purpose.... ie fully extended for a 50mm lens and partially for a wider one.

If you are using the lens on an aps-c camera you can get away with a hood designed for a longer FL.
Thankyou. Wasn't sure if there was one to avoid or one that works best. K1. I only found some older ads for the original. Really didn't want to spend 1/2 of the lens price on a hood lol. Think I'll find a collapsible. Thanks
11-14-2022, 01:39 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ski Jumper Quote
Thankyou. Wasn't sure if there was one to avoid or one that works best. K1. I only found some older ads for the original. Really didn't want to spend 1/2 of the lens price on a hood lol. Think I'll find a collapsible. Thanks
For wide lenses you can google for ”tulip hoods 67mm” to find hard hoods from generic brands.

I did buy today a 49mm one for an old jena zeiss 35 mm lens, so curious and waiting about vignetting versus flare protection...

I hope for a better ”fit” for a 35 mm lens than a round hood ...

11-16-2022, 07:22 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think it's the same hood for the A20 and FA20 - there is a very recent thread on this topic: Replacement Hood for FA 20 2.8 - PentaxForums.com

The Contax 67/86 ring was the alternative I used for several years