Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2017, 07:48 AM   #91

I am considering the purchase of a KP as part of the down-sizing of my photographic equipment. However as the UK box (see below) seems only to contain the small grip and as at present I am not aware of the expected arrival dates and prices of the larger hand grips, one of which I will definitely need, this idea will have to be put on hold for now. Additionally, if the prices of the alternative grips are line with some other manufacturers that I have seen in the past then then the KP, good as it promises to be, could be a definite NO! NO!

"The box contains the following:

KP Body
Strap O-ST162
Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery D-LI109
Battery Charger D-BC109
AC plug cord
Software (CD-ROM) S-SW167
Grip S O-GP167 (on Camera)
Digital Camera Utility 5"

Courtesy of Park Cameras, London, UK

01-31-2017, 08:27 AM   #92

An addition to my first post (see below):

"The grips are estimated to be around (UK) £40.00** each. They should be available at the same time."

Now why could Park Cameras not have told me that the first time. I did ask.

Still considering a possible purchase but will now definitely wait for prices to drop, hopefully some time in the next few months.

LoneWolf

** Probably means circa US$45 each, given relative prices.

QuoteOriginally posted by LoneWolf Quote
I am considering the purchase of a KP as part of the down-sizing of my photographic equipment. However as the UK box (see below) seems only to contain the small grip and as at present I am not aware of the expected arrival dates and prices of the larger hand grips, one of which I will definitely need, this idea will have to be put on hold for now. Additionally, if the prices of the alternative grips are line with some other manufacturers that I have seen in the past then then the KP, good as it promises to be, could be a definite NO! NO!

"The box contains the following:

KP Body
Strap O-ST162
Battery Charger D-BC109
AC plug cord
Grip S O-GP167 (on Camera)
Digital Camera Utility 5"

Courtesy of Park Cameras, London, UK
"The grips are estimated to be around (UK) £40.00** each. They should be available at the same time."

Now why could they not have told me that the first time. I did ask.

Still considering a possible purchase but will now definitely wait for prices to drop,hopefully some time in the next few months.

LoneWolf

** Probably means circa US$45 each, given relative prices.
01-31-2017, 08:51 AM   #93
Veteran Member

I was under the impression the three grips would be in the box (had been reported like this in some media). At that asking price and with this feature set, they should be!
01-31-2017, 11:04 AM   #94
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
I was under the impression the three grips would be in the box (had been reported like this in some media). At that asking price and with this feature set, they should be!
Yes, I saw conflicting specs too - some suggesting the other grips were available, while others said they were included. They really should be included.

I expect it won't take long before third party grips become available... rosewood, koa, mahogany, anyone?

01-31-2017, 11:24 AM   #95
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Ricoh's own European shop says this:

Kit Content

Battery Charger D-BC109
AC plug cord
Strap O-ST162
Eyecup FR
Hot shoe cover FK
Body mount cover

and:
Optional

Lithium-Ion battery D-LI109 - 39067
Battery Charger kit K-BC109 - 39032
AC Adapter K-AC168 -
Weather resistant grip D-BG5 - 39799
SLR case - 50099
SLR backpack - 50278
Weatherproof remote control O-RC1 - 39892
Cable switch CS-205 - 37248
Ring flash AF 160FC - 30477
Flash AF 200FG - 30465
Flash AF 360FGZ II - 30438
Flash AF 540FGZ II - 30456
O-ICK1 sensor cleaning kit - 39357

Nothing about additional grips and the wrong battery grip specified.
rather disturbing. Do they want to sell this camera or not?
01-31-2017, 12:09 PM   #96
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NS_Sailor Quote
I won't be buying a KP because the Admiral said I didn't need a new camera I already have 3 and the Admiral wants new outfits for a Caribbean Vacation
You should very careful approaching the KP subject, or you may be on longterm KP without benefits?????
01-31-2017, 05:03 PM   #97
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I expect it won't take long before third party grips become available... rosewood, koa, mahogany, anyone?
Only if this camera turns out to be a big success. And even then, with Pentax' small market share, and this being only one model (so far), I wouldn't bet on too many options.

01-31-2017, 05:08 PM   #98
mee
Veteran Member

In the US the package includes all 3 interchangeable hand grips.
01-31-2017, 07:17 PM - 1 Like   #99
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As I understand it, the camera comes standard with the smallest of the three grips. The D-BG7 battery grip box contains the largest of the three grips as part of the package. Alternatively, the medium and the large grips will be available for separate purchase. (According to the ricoh-imaging website see http://us.ricoh-imaging.com/index.php/cameras/pentax-kp ) But, Adorama says all three grips are included. See https://www.adorama.com/ipxkpb.html B&H does not say what's included. See https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1313217-REG/pentax_16018_kp_dslr_camera_body.html
01-31-2017, 09:30 PM   #100
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote
because a mod will stop this thread
I pray the do. Its absurd to have yet another satire thread.
One can only choke on so much Veleeta , Bacon , and Lukefisk.
These threads give Pentax a Very Bad rap for people that aren't familiar with the thread being Satire.
One is enough.
01-31-2017, 10:59 PM   #101

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
As I understand it, the camera comes standard with the smallest of the three grips. The D-BG7 battery grip box contains the largest of the three grips as part of the package. Alternatively, the medium and the large grips will be available for separate purchase. (According to the ricoh-imaging website see PENTAX KP ) But, Adorama says all three grips are included. See https://www.adorama.com/ipxkpb.html B&H does not say what's included. See Pentax KP DSLR Camera (Body Only, Black) 16018 B&H Photo Video
From the US Ricoh Site News
News

QuoteQuote:
A grip replacement system that lets photographers choose their preference of grip based on shooting style or lens choice. In addition to the standard grip that comes with the PENTAX KP, accessory grips include medium (M) and large (L) grips (these will come packaged with KP bodies sold in North America), as well as the optional D-BG7 Battery Grip.
02-01-2017, 01:16 AM - 2 Likes   #102
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WestBug Quote
I pray the do. Its absurd to have yet another satire thread.
One can only choke on so much Veleeta , Bacon , and Lukefisk.
These threads give Pentax a Very Bad rap for people that aren't familiar with the thread being Satire.
One is enough.
This one is not satire. It started off as a place for people to say why they really won't buy a Kp so that they did not clog up the other Kp threads with their comments. If it ceases to have a useful purpose we'll have to re-evaluate what we do with it.
02-01-2017, 02:22 AM   #103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LoneWolf Quote
An addition to my first post (see below):

Now why could Park Cameras not have told me that the first time. I did ask.

Still considering a possible purchase but will now definitely wait for prices to drop, hopefully some time in the next few months.

LoneWolf

I suspect a certain amount of uncertainty amongst retailers in the UK - they are being a bit vague because things aren't definite - srs also doesn't show any grip in the 'what's in the box' section, it mentions there being alternative grips, not saying if they are supplied as standard, and does not show them amongst 'Associated Products' - keeping options open? I would imagine grips would be a prime case for bundling if not included.

STOP PRESS:

Wex Photographic have this statement in their 'First Look'

"Available in both black and silver, the camera features a grip replacement system that allows users to quickly change from the standard S grip to one of two larger replacement options (Grip M and L) that come shipped with it. This enables photographers to alter the KP’s ergonomics to suit their personal preference or the currently attached lens. All three grips come in the box with the camera."

But inadvertent disinformation seems to be another key feature of this launch, so....

Last edited by ffking; 02-01-2017 at 02:29 AM.
02-01-2017, 07:21 AM   #104
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
But inadvertent disinformation seems to be another key feature of this launch, so....
Ricoh Imaging seems to be in dire need of a reorganisation of their communications and marketing department
02-01-2017, 08:09 AM   #105
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by usn ret Quote
You should very careful approaching the KP subject, or you may be on longterm KP without benefits?????
After over 40 years as a Merchant ship engineer and almost 38 years with the "Admiral" I certainly know how not to fall in that trap by minding my "P's" & "Q's" on both fronts