Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2017, 12:46 AM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
c'mon guys, KP is the replacement for Kx/Kr, a bit late for me , already replaced my Kx.
Kx was ISO magic at its time, now KP will become new ISO master.
We are still waiting for K-s2 and K-3II replacements, and perhaps followers of K-01 and Q-s1.
Exciting times!

01-29-2017, 04:10 AM   #77

Photos: Gallery
I have a K5iis and love it, still. I'm saving for a K-1 and am almost there. I'm honestly lured by this camera, and the thought I could spend the other grand or so (battery grip too) on a nice new lens. However, I have a tough time believing anything can beat sensor size (ref low light). At least, we haven't seen it yet, I don't think.
01-29-2017, 04:38 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sqideyes Quote
I open this thread for all the whingers, whiners and Doooomsdayers.
And........ to find out who I need to put on my ignore list. Tic*

*Tongue in cheek
I saw the title of this thread and thought .....oh here we go again, another one who hates a new Pentax product. I like the K-P, I don't know whether I'll get it, I'm happy with my K-3 ....BUT ! If the high ISO is just nuts, then I'm in ! Or I'll wait for the K-3ii replacement as it might have better high ISO than the K-P.
01-29-2017, 05:53 AM   #79
Veteran Member

I probally won"t get one..... even though the thought of having one camera body for each lens I own has some appeal.... that I can't seem to make sense of at the moment.... but a lot of things don't seem to make sense anymore.... so who knows. Maybe I just run for president.

01-29-2017, 06:14 AM   #80

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Fast AF and burst , buy the camera you want, the specs you want, then add $1000-$3000 to the price, and accept a smaller image with less resolution. That's reality. Now honestly how many of you are in position to say, "I'll buy that."

I suspect Pentax knows how few will actually make that purchase.

The interesting thing to me is ho many think they are a person who would. There are folks complaining about the price of the KP. A D500 is a lot more.

Pentax has always been IQ first, and then make the best use of available technology without getting all cutting edge. Cutting edge is never value for money. And they have stated as a company, video is not their priority. So what is all this video stuff bein tossed around?

People who should know better asking Pentax to do something, that Pentax has definitely stated they are not doing. Pentax isn't going to change. There are some people who need to.
I fail to see how this relates to my reply, as I was talking about the improvements (waiting for pics) in IQ and AF.
Never mentioned video, don't care.
My mention to burst was not a reason to cut it down vs K-3, merely stating that the new accelerator unit might make the buffer issue a non-issue, so actually the opposite.
I don't know what a D500 can do, only what I hear here, so the comparison was purely K-3II vs KP, paper specs only.
I don't think that's worth a 50% premium, unless they brought IQ to near-FF levels, because then the price differences would be in line with features+IQ differences (K-3/KP/K-1).

As for buying, I will when I see something that makes a real difference from the K-3 (not really interested in FF, so K-1 not part of this evaluation), not just small improvements (to be confirmed) for a big price difference.
01-29-2017, 07:15 AM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
We are still waiting for K-s2 and K-3II replacements, and perhaps followers of K-01 and Q-s1.
Exciting times!
Oh but the K-S2 was replaced last summer by the K-70 which essentially is a K-S2 with new tricks.
01-29-2017, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I won't by the camera, because the designation, "KP", has unpleasant connotations for I guy like me who was in the Army in an earlier era.

Jer

01-29-2017, 07:35 AM   #83
Veteran Member

I won't buy a Kp because if I bought it I just have to buy all the DA Limiteds too and that's simply not in my budget. The DA Limiteds would look fantastic on the KP.
01-29-2017, 07:49 AM   #84
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I won't by the camera, because the designation, "KP", has unpleasant connotations for I guy like me who was in the Army in an earlier era.

Jer
I was wondering how long it would take before a reference to the other "KP" was made!
01-29-2017, 08:15 AM   #85

I like dials, they are tempting!!
but there is:
* no UHD / 4K HDMI 3840x2160 output (no use of my UHT TV as a monitor) - this is what I miss mostly with my K-3
* no RRS L-bracket (as I already have one for my K-3);
* no USB 3.0 (but one can make use of your external USB 3.0 flash card reader instead);
* yet another battery model (as I do already have 4psc of D-Li90);

Actually, I believe there should be some small in-camera memory for 6-10 shots without flash card (my Coolpix has one )
QuoteOriginally posted by npc Quote
Mostly because the battery is not D-LI90
01-29-2017, 09:46 AM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NS_Sailor Quote
I was wondering how long it would take before a reference to the other "KP" was made!
Whew - I wanted to sneak in first. Glad I made it!!

Jer
01-29-2017, 09:57 AM   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I won't by the camera, because the designation, "KP", has unpleasant connotations for I guy like me who was in the Army in an earlier era
Nothing to do with the flabboyant and often controversial English (or South African if you prefer) cricketer?

I won't get one because my K3 and K5ll do everything I ask them to -cricket matches, walks in the countryside and macro and I'm more likely to die before either of them
01-29-2017, 11:16 AM - 1 Like   #88
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I worked diligently for the cause when the challenge was raised to not buy a K-3. The importance of that stance was obvious as was the adversary. If the hociR had its way, Tokyo would surely have been destroyed and the world as we know it would have disappeared in smoke and ash.

With the KP, things are not as clear cut and the immediate ramifications of a purchase less apparent and perhaps less dire. The mark of the hociR is on this camera, but it does not leave its imprint on the cheek.

I am sooooo confused

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 01-29-2017 at 11:43 AM.
01-29-2017, 08:32 PM   #89
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
Oh but the K-S2 was replaced last summer by the K-70 which essentially is a K-S2 with new tricks.
no , K-70 was replacement for K-50
01-29-2017, 09:55 PM   #90
bvg
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
One memory card slot, three dials, Prime IV and the Accelerator unit, 7 FPS, and 6 shot buffer. This could be the successor to the K-5.
Impossible, K-5 has much better video