Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2017, 10:54 AM   #1

KP Touchscreen?

Some specsheets say yes, some say no. None of the currently available KP previews show any touch usage though. Does anyone know for sure?

01-26-2017, 11:42 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The official spec sheet says nothing about a touch interface. The user interface hasn't changed either. I would say no...
Attached Images

01-26-2017, 12:03 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can't believe that Pentax would introduce such a new (to them) feature without it being one of the first things mentioned in the promos.
01-26-2017, 02:47 PM   #4

Original Poster
I didn't think it looked like a touch screen, but I was really hoping it had one. Hopefully it allows the user to default the directional buttons to control the AF point, as is possible on the K1. I don't understand why higher-end cameras continue to not have dedicated AF point controls (joystick/touchscreen/etc), especially since everybody seems to clamor so much about AF performance. I think it's a great camera on all other fronts, and dedicated AF point controls would make it a perfect travel/street camera for me.

I've been thinking about jumping on the Fuji ship lately... but I loves me some IBIS, and my Limiteds.

01-26-2017, 04:10 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I was confused about touch screen too.

The specs listed on the KP announcement page on dpreview, for example - possibly based on a pre-production camera they had - said 'Touch screen - Yes', as well as indicating a 'Touch AF' feature. But it seems clear now that there is no touch screen.