Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2017, 07:04 AM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ventzy Quote
In our days, personal opinion especially from peoples that have knowledge and experience is the most valuable. Please keep involved in that mattery, you are important source much more useful than advertising materials...
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
People can pixelpeep on a screen and read about stuff as much as they want. I hardly ever care about that. I test stuff in real life..Best way to figure out whats working and not And i try to share it with you guys.
Totally - A bit left field, but I remember being told once that they make the front badge of Rolls Royce cars a tiny bit convex because if it is flat, it looks slightly concave - it's what we - the consumer sees that matters, not what a machine measures. It's a bad example in terms of what looked better actually being 'worse' - but it makes the point about how humans see things being what matters: if it looks better to the photographer, that's worth more that a thousand scientific comparisons, because it will also took better to the client/consumer.

02-16-2017, 08:21 AM   #32
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to know, but your constant nagging and negativity is getting you very close to the ignore button.

Do your really think the 31LTD is the only lense i tested on the KP? Really It was the 31 on that specific picture..But I've tested almost every lense in my arsenal on the KP. I also have 2 K-1, 2 K-3II and 2 K-3 in my bag..do you really think i dont test thing properly? Get real!!.
Answer me, please.
What is the time to clear buffer in RAW? How many frames per second and what is the buffer size in RAW?
02-16-2017, 08:27 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Good to know, but your constant nagging and negativity is getting you very close to the ignore button.

Do your really think the 31LTD is the only lense i tested on the KP? Really It was the 31 on that specific picture..But I've tested almost every lense in my arsenal on the KP. I also have 2 K-1, 2 K-3II and 2 K-3 in my bag..do you really think i dont test thing properly? Get real!!

---------- Post added 02-16-17 at 02:48 PM ----------

People can pixelpeep on a screen and read about stuff as much as they want. I hardly ever care about that. I test stuff in real life..Best way to figure out whats working and not And i try to share it with you guys.

Let it also be said, that I'm not signed by Ricoh at all for testing stuff and be available for users at all..But still i use a lot of time doing this in me free time. But people that that ogl caracter make me dont want to waste more of my free time...

Only task i have in my contract, is to sell in the brand to new people, and specific pros i meet in the industry.
Please don't stop because of one person. Your updates are super valuable!

Ogl, your tone can be pretty combative.
02-16-2017, 08:56 AM - 1 Like   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Answer me, please.
What is the time to clear buffer in RAW? How many frames per second and what is the buffer size in RAW?
I dont have to answer you anything..So *ignore*

---------- Post added 02-16-17 at 04:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote

I wont stop..Just need to be better in using the ignore button

02-16-2017, 12:10 PM - 4 Likes   #35
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

I think that KP's AF is the same as K-1 or K-3II.
I would have been very happy if Pentax had given a KP to me.
I'm guessing you would have accepted a KP if Pentax had offered one to you free (*)
But Pentax gave one to Kenspo, not to either of us.
Do you know why??
Because he is an expert.
People care what he thinks.
They do not care what I think.
They do not care what you think.

(*) I was going to say "You would have been happy if ", but from all appearances, being unhappy is the only thing that makes you happy.
02-16-2017, 01:12 PM - 1 Like   #36

I've checked KP's description and found only ONE advertising new thing about AF
High-speed AF algorithm
Features4 | PENTAX KP | RICOH IMAGING
It looks like we may expect some nice improvement in the AF. Could be due to faster PRIME IV? Faster processor = more power to run more complicated algorithms?
02-16-2017, 11:02 PM   #37
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I would have been very happy if Pentax had given a KP to me.
I'm guessing you would have accepted a KP if Pentax had offered one to you free (*)
But Pentax gave one to Kenspo, not to either of us.
Do you know why??
Because he is an expert.
People care what he thinks.
They do not care what I think.
They do not care what you think.
is it joke? not bad joke.
02-16-2017, 11:18 PM   #38
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote

Which my word is combative? Explain me, please. How can you feel the tone from written words without any emotions?

Why should I believe in unprovable words? The problem of kenspo is the impossibility to see the things impartially.
KP is not pro camera. It's clear. That's why to find any mystical improvements is rather strange.
Small buffer and not enough memory to clear buffer quickly is normal for budget camera, but KP is not cheap machine.
What about accuracy? Nobody tell truth in this forum.
Any truth is prohibited.
We should be like at the Communist Party congress or in Nineteen Eighty-Four's novel (George Orwell) or in We (by Yevgeny Zamyatin)

We should only praise Pentax...The demerits are insignificant, the merits are huge.

Listen my story, man...I understand nobody care my problems, but, please, pay attention.

I had been hearing about AF improvement for many years, but I don't see any progress in accuracy for many years.
When I bought K-5 after reading advertising I thought that K-5 had better AF than my old K200D.
It was a bit faster, but it was the hell of accuracy. I had sold K-5 and bought K-5IIs, it was better that K-5 in terms of accuracy, but still worse than K200D.
Where is the improvement?
Yes, K-5IIs could focus in hard condition, but it couldn't make sharp photo in such condition. Any low light = miss the focus. Well...
My friend has K-3...Do you really find K-3 better than K-5II? More AF points? Better tracking?
No any difference in speed with FA Limited and no any difference in accuracy. It's necessary to adjust AF of every lens.
It's unreal to buy Pentax camera, take from the box, attach lens and get 100% sharp pictures in any condition without back or front focus.
I don't know, maybe K-1 is better and it has ideal AF system?

Maybe my K200D is magic tool? It's rather slow, it could focus rather long in low light, but it has accurate AF.

Last edited by ogl; 02-17-2017 at 02:39 AM.
02-17-2017, 04:12 PM   #39
Veteran Member

it's terrible how good threads turn bad :0

randy
02-17-2017, 08:38 PM   #40
Pentaxian

Those specs mostly are in the manual:

Imaging Resource and others will have to do tests about how long it takes to clear the buffer, which is heavily dependent on SD card etc etc.

KP is no super-speed demon, but performance seems OK for this class of camera.
02-17-2017, 08:56 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do your really think the 31LTD is the only lense i tested on the KP? Really It was the 31 on that specific picture..But I've tested almost every lense in my arsenal on the KP. I also have 2 K-1, 2 K-3II and 2 K-3 in my bag..do you really think i dont test thing properly? Get real!!

---------- Post added 02-16-17 at 02:48 PM ----------

Let it also be said, that I'm not signed by Ricoh at all for testing stuff and be available for users at all..But still i use a lot of time doing this in me free time. But people that that ogl caracter make me dont want to waste more of my free time...

Only task i have in my contract, is to sell in the brand to new people, and specific pros i meet in the industry.
Kenspo ... suggestion : Ignore button for (whoever) !!
No use to waste your energy on futile attempts from other party(ies) to negate your comments.
Keep up the great posts here, please.

---------- Post added 02-17-17 at 10:57 PM ----------

Which my word is combative? Explain me, please. How can you feel the tone from written words without any emotions?

Why should I believe in unprovable words? The problem of kenspo is the impossibility to see the things impartially.
KP is not pro camera. It's clear. That's why to find any mystical improvements is rather strange.
Small buffer and not enough memory to clear buffer quickly is normal for budget camera, but KP is not cheap machine.
What about accuracy? Nobody tell truth in this forum.
Any truth is prohibited.
We should be like at the Communist Party congress or in Nineteen Eighty-Four's novel (George Orwell) or in We (by Yevgeny Zamyatin)

We should only praise Pentax...The demerits are insignificant, the merits are huge.

Listen my story, man...I understand nobody care my problems, but, please, pay attention.

I had been hearing about AF improvement for many years, but I don't see any progress in accuracy for many years.
When I bought K-5 after reading advertising I thought that K-5 had better AF than my old K200D.
It was a bit faster, but it was the hell of accuracy. I had sold K-5 and bought K-5IIs, it was better that K-5 in terms of accuracy, but still worse than K200D.
Where is the improvement?
Yes, K-5IIs could focus in hard condition, but it couldn't make sharp photo in such condition. Any low light = miss the focus. Well...
My friend has K-3...Do you really find K-3 better than K-5II? More AF points? Better tracking?
No any difference in speed with FA Limited and no any difference in accuracy. It's necessary to adjust AF of every lens.
It's unreal to buy Pentax camera, take from the box, attach lens and get 100% sharp pictures in any condition without back or front focus.
I don't know, maybe K-1 is better and it has ideal AF system?

Maybe my K200D is magic tool? It's rather slow, it could focus rather long in low light, but it has accurate AF.
Maybe it's time for you to get a camera with "real" AF ... plenty out there.
02-17-2017, 11:38 PM   #42
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote

Maybe it's time for you to get a camera with "real" AF ... plenty out there.
For my LIMITEDs? Which one? I've heard that K-1 is not bad. But it's expensive for me now. And I doubt that it's better than K-3.
K-3 and K-1 are almost the same K-5II's AF with more AF points and nothing else.

Are you the member of Soviet Communist Party? Your suggestion is good sample of man with totalitarian thinking.
George Orwell and Yevgeny Zamyatin wrote about you. Realize it.

Last edited by ogl; 02-18-2017 at 01:35 AM.
02-18-2017, 01:44 AM   #43
ogl
Banned

As for me - it's absolutely nonsense to see the bad examples of Soviet way of thinking in some users of Pentaxforums from Western countries.
It means the inner unfreedom and intolerance are universal concepts.
02-18-2017, 02:08 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
No use to waste your energy on futile attempts from other party(ies) to negate your comments.
Keep up the great posts here, please. [COLOR="Silver"]
Hehe..I try to avoid that as much as i can..as i really want to be available for all users.. But i have started using it now
02-18-2017, 02:53 AM   #45
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
as i really want to be available for all users.. But i have started using it now
You can't please them all. Some here are just negative (everything that has a little bright on it should be cover to be dark again) ... or forget to take their pill from time to time

Keep up with the good word, it's really good to have you here !