QuoteOriginally posted by howieb101 Quote
a special on at Ted's
How many grips?

03-16-2017, 05:24 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
How many grips?
I don't know but took the risk anyway. I'll tell everyone when I get the cam though.
03-16-2017, 08:47 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
The list of contents on the box does not mention extra grips.
Ahhh that stinks! I wonder why Ricoh did that!?
03-17-2017, 07:43 AM   #34
Veteran Member

No grips?
Was it a 'body only' purchase, or with the Kit Lens ?

I think we can all be disappointed if Pentax has issued different contents for different markets - this is the 21st Century, with a 'Global Marketplace'.

And if it's a choice by CRK,.. they can get,... Well, you know the rest.

Edit: According to the 'in the box' tab on Teds site, all three grips should be included.

https://www.teds.com.au/pentax-kp-body

Looks like the only thing not included is a Slimport adapter, for people like me

Edit: The webpage for Teds Camera Store has since been updated, and no longer mentions the grips.

Last edited by PiDicus Rex; 05-03-2017 at 09:14 PM.
03-18-2017, 08:18 AM - 2 Likes   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by PiDicus Rex Quote
No grips?
Was it a 'body only' purchase, or with the Kit Lens ?

I think we can all be disappointed if Pentax has issued different contents for different markets - this is the 21st Century, with a 'Global Marketplace'.

And if it's a choice by CRK,.. they can get,... Well, you know the rest.

Edit: According to the 'in the box' tab on Teds site, all three grips should be included.

Pentax KP Body Only | Ted's Cameras

Looks like the only thing not included is a Slimport adapter, for people like me
Hi i got my KP today from camera house leederville and on their site it said the 3 grips were in the box. but yeah when i got home only the small is included/listed on the product manual.

i called camera house back to complain/ask them to source the grips. And sent this to pentax australia through facebook:

Hi Pentax, I picked the KP up today and I'm pretty impressed with it. But the interchangeable grips were not included despite them being listed as in the box on the leederville camerahouse's website. Considering the price is equal to the US/JPY price it seems like a raw deal if you are not including them in our territory. And seems counterintuitive to buying your products locally. As they are listed as included in other countries e.g Pentax KP DSLR Camera (Body Only, Silver) 16038 B&H Photo Video It's really annoying because I also got the 55-300 plm to use with it but without the larger grip to switch too it makes the handling less than ideal. I've asked Camera House Leederville to follow it up with you since it might have been their error in putting the wrong details on their page. But to be honest if they listed that they don't include the grips in our SKU then I would have imported it from overseas.

it really killed the buzz of having the new camera, as i feel the smaller grip really doesn't give enough handling space if using a zoom lens.

i'll let you know if/when they get back to me.
Attached Images

03-20-2017, 09:44 PM - 1 Like   #36

Pentax Australia: Thanks Matt. I will find out for you.

Pentax Australia: Hi Matt. The Asia-Pacific model does not include the medium and large hand grips.
This is a mistake on Leederville camera's website.
This is not specific to the Australian market.

Matt Woodcock: That sucks.
With dollar conversion it's the same price to get a US one which includes the grips.

Pentax Australia: Thanks for the feedback Matt. We work hard to keep the prices level globally. To be fair the K-P is $1,567.50 AUD (GST) from B and H without shipping vs $1,499 AUD from Leederville cameras.

Matt Woodcock: yep and you don't list the price of the grips on your site. so i can't even get them here by the looks of things and if i can i'm guessing they'll be 50$ each or something. its not your fault personally but having different box contents for different regions is really dumb.
also if i ever want to get the battery grip for the bottom it only works with the large hand grip on the camera. so unless you are going to include it with the battery grip you'r going to end up with more annoyed customers.

WTF were pentax thinking?
03-20-2017, 09:52 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Hi.

I would just like to add that when I queried Ted's (in Australia) they also said it only includes the small grip. Because of this I have now cancelled my Pentax KP order but decided on an upgrade to a K1 instead.

I still think I'll get a KP but maybe in a year or two instead now. I think the KP matches perfectly with the DA Limiteds and FA Limiteds as well as looking very attractive.

Howie Be

03-20-2017, 10:10 PM   #38
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
If it's gong to be a one-grip kit, it should be the large one.
03-21-2017, 12:41 AM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

problems with the supply of grips, if they redeem themselves and supply the grips well ok, but, nah, give it a miss and wait for the K3II replacement

Last edited by beachgardener; 03-21-2017 at 03:02 AM.
03-21-2017, 02:46 AM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was thinking of getting the KP, but if Ricoh are going to segregate us they have just lost a future customer.
03-21-2017, 02:58 AM - 1 Like   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can see a booming trade in spare KP grips arising across the Pacific, soon.
03-21-2017, 04:26 AM   #42
Veteran Member

I think in a globalized world manufacturers trying old school market segmentation are only going to annoy customers.

We all communicate with each other with the only obstacle being timezones.

I hope they aren't this silly next time. For Ricoh-Pentax they can't afford to lose customers or at the very least annoy them.
03-21-2017, 07:01 AM   #43

luckily camera house are going to source the grips for me since they had the incorrect info listed. they've since updated the page. pentax AU never responded to my last message.
03-21-2017, 07:16 AM   #44
Veteran Member

This grip situation is crazy. CRK, get your act together.

The Sigma lens/K-1 service issue was handled very well, but this grip issue is not good, especially for a rather expensively priced APS-C.
03-21-2017, 02:43 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm not going to get all banged up about it, but it is mildly disappointing. I don't expect to use it with large lenses anyway.