Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2017, 08:47 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattwoodcock Quote
WTF were pentax thinking?
I suggest we all send email to CRK criticizing this "as Pentax owners and repeat customers, this impacts my future buying choices".

QuoteOriginally posted by mattwoodcock Quote
pentax AU never responded to my last message.
Share the email addy ?
I'll ask them about a test with a Shogun and the Slimport adapter, 'as a professional cinematographer, who has had films Shot On Pentax K-01 submitted to the Cannes Short Film competition, and whose quality was recognised by the selection committee".

And no, that's not an idle boast.

03-22-2017, 10:06 AM   #47

QuoteOriginally posted by PiDicus Rex Quote
I suggest we all send email to CRK criticizing this "as Pentax owners and repeat customers, this impacts my future buying choices".

Share the email addy ?
I'll ask them about a test with a Shogun and the Slimport adapter, 'as a professional cinematographer, who has had films Shot On Pentax K-01 submitted to the Cannes Short Film competition, and whose quality was recognised by the selection committee".

And no, that's not an idle boast.
i sent them a message through their facebook page.
03-22-2017, 12:33 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
But were CRK given a choice?
03-22-2017, 06:06 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good point Paul The Sunman.

Maybe, CRK would need to tell Ricoh that it is a global market place now and that we in Australia know what the North American's are getting in their package. The internet is an equalizer. We know what's happening on the other side of the world now.

Like I said in an earlier post. The old school method of market segmentation (as in differential pricing between countries or in this case contents) doesn't work as well now. They should know this but I know that managers become 'Yes' men eventually. Real messages don't get passed up the line. It's sad how management works in larger organisations.

Anyway, I hope Ricoh sees the light eventually and the same package will get rolled out globally.

Last edited by howieb101; 03-22-2017 at 06:07 PM. Reason: typo
03-22-2017, 07:45 PM   #50
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by howieb101 Quote
Anyway, I hope Ricoh sees the light eventually and the same package will get rolled out globally.
How much extra are you willing to pay for two grips you don't use?
03-22-2017, 07:59 PM   #51

Basically this is a violation of Australian consumer law which states (amongst other things) that:

Products must also:
  • match descriptions made by the salesperson, on packaging and labels, and in promotions or advertising

I guess that this means that complaints must be made to the retailer (not importer or agent) with a threat to report them to the AC&CC watchdog

Brian
03-22-2017, 08:41 PM - 1 Like   #52

QuoteOriginally posted by smib Quote
Basically this is a violation of Australian consumer law which states (amongst other things) that:

Products must also:
  • match descriptions made by the salesperson, on packaging and labels, and in promotions or advertising

I guess that this means that complaints must be made to the retailer (not importer or agent) with a threat to report them to the AC&CC watchdog

Brian
Yep which is why camera house have sourced them for me but it's going to take another 2 weeks.

The issue lies with Ricoh as it's the Asia pacific sku we get. Seems dumb on their behalf though as everyone can google it and see what other markets get. I'm guessing camerahoise might have copy pasted the item description from a US page without checking/knowing the differences. But at least they've agreed to get them for me without making it too difficult.

03-22-2017, 09:56 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
How much extra are you willing to pay for two grips you don't use?
I didn't want to pay extra, I wanted them included in the box like in North America.

Well my intent was too use the small grip to use with my small primes. I have the DA 15, DA21, DA 70, DA 50 and FA35 that perfectly match the smaller form factor KP and small grip. I have been lazy since getting a Sigma 17-50 F2.8 stuck on my K3 and stopped using my small primes. The KP was going to remedy this.

I would also use the large grip in combination with the battery grip. A battery grip is very useful for portraits and also large telephoto's. I have the Sigma 70-200 and a Sigma 170-500 so a small grip with those lenses makes no sense.

I would likely use the small grip most of the time, the large grip some of the time and the medium grip never.

Anyway, I haven't been discouraged from buying the KP. I'll still get it maybe in a year or two instead. I really like the concept of the KP. If they could have increased the buffer somewhat and upped the video bit rate it would be a near perfect camera.

Last edited by howieb101; 03-22-2017 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Additional info
03-22-2017, 11:01 PM   #54
Veteran Member

@ Matt,.... this page? Pentax Australia | Facebook

I got no 'comment' option on that one - like Atomos, they must have had a reaction to the questions and feedback,....

Edit: That link shows Page Not Found to me now - which either means it's gone, or I'm blocked.

Last edited by PiDicus Rex; 05-03-2017 at 09:22 PM.
03-23-2017, 05:47 AM   #55

@ Matt,.... this page? Pentax Australia | Facebook

I got no 'comment' option on that one - like Atomos, they must have had a reaction to the questions and feedback,....
Yeah I think you need to have liked their page to be able to message them
03-24-2017, 04:18 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Liked it ages ago, no option to hit like,... means I'm banned

Sidestepping a second,.... Was walking around Melbourne CBD this evening,... So for those of you down this way,..

DigiDirect has a single KP 'just came in',... only small grip supplied.

JB hifi (or maybe Ted's,...) was still "hunh'? Pentax don't mak,...."
"Let me stop you right there,..."

And they have a pair of K-5ii on the shelf, one 'ex-demo' at $999, and one at $1299,... best deal they could do for it was $799.

Micheals weren't interested,....

So I ended up buying a K-M 200mm F4 from the secondhand place on Little Bourke st, where they've had a K-01 in the window for months.
03-26-2017, 03:47 AM   #57

Not Australia, but I assume we are on the supply chain here in NZ. I have a KP due very soon, lets see if all the grips are in the box.

Last edited by jacobthellamer; 03-26-2017 at 03:58 AM.
03-28-2017, 09:31 PM   #58

Arrived today - just the small grip.
03-29-2017, 07:24 PM   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

not acceptable, Ricoh, or representatives here, need to face up to this and supply the grips, full stop.

they at least need to make a statement about this debacle.
03-29-2017, 08:23 PM - 1 Like   #60
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It would be acceptable if they gave us a choice of two kits, with and without the extra grips, at different prices.Then everyone could decide for themselves.