Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-03-2017, 09:21 PM   #31
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cpobuttons Quote
still digesting a lot of this but for interval on the KP start time now start time 2 sec timer start time 12 second timer and set a time to start
If so, it is undocumented in the user guide.

Steve

03-03-2017, 09:46 PM   #32

pg 71 of KP manual under start time now self timer and set time...looking at the drive mode on my KP under set parameter both timers are available...
03-03-2017, 09:58 PM   #33
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cpobuttons Quote
pg 71 of KP manual under start time now self timer and set time...looking at the drive mode on my KP under set parameter both timers are available...
So it is! I had to zoom way in with the PDF and both timers are available. Can you clarify whether this is for the first exposure only or for each exposure?

Steve
03-03-2017, 10:38 PM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
So it is! I had to zoom way in with the PDF and both timers are available. Can you clarify whether this is for the first exposure only or for each exposure?

Steve
first exposure with either timer...mup with 2 sec but i dont know if it stays up thru all shots

03-04-2017, 07:12 AM   #35

At base ISO how does IQ compare from the KP and K3ll, not,sure if the 2 camera share the exact same sensor and has it been determined that the KP does have a better AFC algorithm then the K3
03-04-2017, 07:27 AM - 1 Like   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Saltwater Images Quote
I find the ergonomics of the KP to look very appealing. As a DA Ltd shooter this camera looks like it was designed for me. The low light capability is terrific but my tripod is my tool for shooting in low light. The three things that are making me gravitate toward the K-3II as an upgrade to my K-5II are:
- K-3II shutter life 200,000 actuations (versus 100,000 for KP).
- Larger continuous shooting buffer on the K-3II.
- Price; the K-3II is considerable cheaper and I could put the difference toward a HD DA 35 Ltd.
It seem to be a real compromise camera, the KP.
Guys like the above can use a tripod and shoot studio with a K-3 using a low ISO aren't going to like it.
Guys like me who would like the improved AF and higher clean ISO for bird and wildlife photography won't put up with the small buffer.

It's really a K-5 replacement, not a K-3 replacement. I don't like my K-1 for birds and wildlife, I don't see how the KP has any hope of being an improvement. This is definitely a stepping up from K-30, k-50 type of camera, more than a stepping up from a K-3 type of camera.

Last edited by normhead; 03-04-2017 at 10:25 AM.
03-04-2017, 09:02 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's like the ZX-60. It has some compromises, but it is so small--ideal for hiking. I've already gone hiking with it and I notice a difference from carrying my K-5. I have some missing chest wall muscle from surgery, and weight while hiking is very important to me. I do own a mounted flash, but I don't want to carry it with me for day hikes, so having an on-board flash was more important to me than having a top LCD. Horses for courses, I suppose.

03-04-2017, 09:32 AM   #38

concur its like a K5 replacement and thats not a bad thing if perhaps your a street shooter, travel, want to go small but dont want to stay home...I am still keeping the K3 for airshows and such but it does get heavy...goats, boats. planes and trains, grandkids, cars
03-04-2017, 09:53 AM - 2 Likes   #39

k-01 & k-s1 replacement I think. da limited owners would have a very hard time resisting this camera. They should have named this pentax k limited.
03-04-2017, 01:03 PM   #40
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
It's really a K-5 replacement, not a K-3 replacement. I don't like my K-1 for birds and wildlife, I don't see how the KP has any hope of being an improvement. This is definitely a stepping up from K-30, k-50 type of camera, more than a stepping up from a K-3 type of camera.
It's a tricky one, this KP. I wouldn't replace my K-3 or K-3II with it, but I can see the sense of it as a high-spec model in its own right. For those who already own the K-3 / K-3II, I think it would most likely be of interest as an additional camera, with size, weight, high ISO performance and - possibly, but to be confirmed - improved AF being the main attractions. Those who were about to move up to a K-3II now face a bit of a dilemma... buy one and enjoy its features and build quality, buy the KP and give up some features in return for other improvements, or wait for a new (but, presumably, rather expensive) APS-C flagship...