Triss
Merigold
by Aleš87, on Flickr
+

01-23-2018, 12:21 PM   #317
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Any of you guys who might have migrated to the K-P froth K-5 have any comments or comparison's? I'm always wondering if there are problems developing, or if your perception of your use has changed since you first bought it.
Nah, can't compare, I went from K-50>K-1>KP.

Like i said earlier, I'd love a FW release to allow the LV mode to be toggled from the fx2 button, mainly because that's where the K-1's is and I find the dial on the KP for switching to this mode a little unintuitive and slow to get to. Other than that I think it's top notch.

QuoteOriginally posted by Crooski Quote
It's an amazing little camera I think it is the real successor of the K5 and K5ii (except battery life) These days I only use my K3 with a telephoto lens. DA* 60-250mm
All other lenses such as M42 and manual lenses are for the KP with tilt daylight screen and electronic shutter.
Yeh I use the ES mode a lot on the KP also.

Is there a battery grip for the KP?
01-23-2018, 12:47 PM - 1 Like   #318
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Any of you guys who might have migrated to the K-P froth K-5 have any comments or comparison's? I'm always wondering if there are problems developing, or if your perception of your use has changed since you first bought it.
It does have a shorter battery life. I just make sure to have at least one extra battery. For my typical shooting just switching from USB uploading to card reader uploading pretty much equalized how long I can use it before needing to change the battery. I thought I would miss the top LCD, but I haven't. Large print on the rear screen makes up for not wearing glasses, so it's actually better for me and I never think about the top LCD at all. I had waffled on the K-1 and suddenly this camera appeared (I had no idea it was in the pipeline, for some reason), and it was exactly what I was looking for. I've been extremely pleased with it.
01-23-2018, 01:31 PM   #319
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Yes, and the KP battery grip supports the larger batteries used in the K-5 series of cameras.

I went from the K-5iis to the KP. The button placement is a bit different in the two cameras, and Pentax has elected to add annoying fly-over menus with the playback and status screens (which add nothing but extra button presses to the equation), but otherwise I didn't find any serious issues upgrading to the KP. The only slight issue I've had is, if you elect to keep the status screen off (the default setting is to have it on) there's no quick and easy way to gauge battery usage. I've had the camera die on my three times already, and that never happened with any of my K-5 cameras. Otherwise, the KP brings comparable DR, slightly improved ISO (half to two-thirds of a stop), and, for me at least, significantly improved stabilization. Since acquiring a KP in early October, I've only used my K-5iis once, and then only for half a dozen shots.

01-23-2018, 02:20 PM   #320
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Crooski Quote
KP with old Pentax lens F 70-210mm ISO 1600 & 2000
I find that F 70-210 is better on APS_c than FF even though it's an FF lens. I have no idea why. I think it's probably just the disappointment over the wider field of view on the K-1.
01-23-2018, 04:03 PM   #321
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, the D-BG7. It takes the D-li90 batteries and holds an extra memory card. It is a "must have" in my book.
01-23-2018, 05:54 PM   #322
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Yes, the D-BG7. It takes the D-li90 batteries and holds an extra memory card. It is a "must have" in my book.
Good to know. My K-1 is my main shooter, the KP sits on my hip, so I'm quite alright with it being lower profile. I noticed you need the larger grip attachment for the KP to align with the battery grip properly, us Aussies never got the included grips :'(

Quick question, do any of the battery grips (well.. specifically for K-1 and KP) still allow for an arcaswiss plate to be mounted? Perhaps even a cheap universal L Plate?
01-23-2018, 06:10 PM   #323
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good to know. My K-1 is my main shooter, the KP sits on my hip, so I'm quite alright with it being lower profile. I noticed you need the larger grip attachment for the KP to align with the battery grip properly, us Aussies never got the included grips :'(

Quick question, do any of the battery grips (well.. specifically for K-1 and KP) still allow for an arcaswiss plate to be mounted? Perhaps even a cheap universal L Plate?
I was on the fence about the K1.
Decided on the KP due to a need for a compact travel camera for this coming summer.
Yes, the KP arrives with all 3 grips here, why would they not include them everywhere else is beyond.
Not sure why the Arca-Swiss would not fit the the KP D-BG7. It is just slightly smaller than the D-BG5.

01-23-2018, 06:14 PM   #324
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AldaCZ Quote
KP and dreaded Sigma 30 HSM
Triss
Merigold
by Aleš87, on Flickr
+
Both of the images are great. The first one is possibly my favorite.
01-23-2018, 06:17 PM - 1 Like   #325
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I noticed you need the larger grip attachment for the KP to align with the battery grip properly, us Aussies never got the included grips :'(
I believe the larger bolt on grip is included if you buy the battery grip.
01-23-2018, 06:17 PM   #326
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was on the fence about the K1.
Decided on the KP due to a need for a compact travel camera for this coming summer.
Yes, the KP arrives with all 3 grips here, why would they not include them everywhere else is beyond.
Not sure why the Arca-Swiss would not fit the the KP D-BG7. It is just slightly smaller than the D-BG5.
I think if size was a concern then the KP was a good choice, it's just rather heavy for the size of it imo, compared to the K-50 that felt like a plastic toy (at least it was light). I'm prolly talking nonsense, someone will quote me that the K-50 and KP are the same weight in a minute

Yeh it seems as tho the 3 grip is a Euro and USA only thing or something :'(

So in general do battery grips come with that screwy hole in the bottom to mount on tripod or a plate? I've never had one before you see...
01-23-2018, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #327
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
So in general do battery grips come with that screwy hole in the bottom to mount on tripod or a plate?
01-23-2018, 06:33 PM   #328
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So in general do battery grips come with that screwy hole in the bottom to mount on tripod or a plate?
All my Pentax grips have a 1/4-20 socket in them. Heavy? Not!
Need to get to original programming...
01-23-2018, 06:35 PM   #329
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sweeeet

All my Pentax grips have a 1/4-20 socket in them. Heavy? Not!
Need to get to original programming...
I guess you want some weight in a camera, it's just when it's the second shooter on your person you want it light
01-24-2018, 02:15 PM - 1 Like   #330
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

The KP itself...sorry if should not be here