Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Corn

08-14-2018, 12:37 PM - 1 Like   #677
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Silence - close your eyes.

Now, imagine the wonderful sounds that these two acoustic instruments produce ...

high and low, clear and soft, rich of overtones ... wonderful - can you hear it?

KP • DA18-135@115 • ISO2500 • f/5.6 • 1/30s

KP • DA18-135@135 • ISO12800 • f/6.3 • 1/40s

08-15-2018, 07:30 AM   #678
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Is that a hurdy-gurdy in the 2nd shot?
08-15-2018, 11:15 AM - 1 Like   #679
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It‘s a five string acoustic bass guitar.

08-16-2018, 12:32 PM - 4 Likes   #680
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KP • DA18-135
08-17-2018, 11:23 AM - 1 Like   #681

Getting lost in California did yield some good pictures that would not have been possible otherwise.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
08-17-2018, 07:44 PM - 2 Likes   #682
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glenbrook Creek

A three stitched pixelshift vertical panorama shot of Glenbrook Creek, Blue Mountains. Processed with DxO FilmPack5 (KP+HDDA35/2,8 Macro)

08-19-2018, 04:44 AM - 10 Likes   #683
Forum Member

I have always struggled with the da21 in the flat lands of Cambridge (UK)... However, a recent trip to the Canadian Mountains reminded me just what a gem it is.

08-19-2018, 12:33 PM - 3 Likes   #684
Pentaxian

Monochrome in France...

I like black and white, and I like what Fuji and Panasonic have done with their Acros and L Monochrome film simulations respectively. I shoot in RAW+Jpeg so using digital filters means I have the best of both worlds. This particular filter was on the Pentax Q, and was highly regarded. I don't know if it made its way to other Pentax cameras, but I know it's not in my K5iis, but happily it is back in the KP. You have to take care with your metering, but the tones are wonderful - deep blacks, lovely mid-tones and bright whites. I cropped some for square format - my favourite aspect ratio. I'm in France for a week and took these this morning... A bright sunny day!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
08-19-2018, 01:43 PM   #685
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tbelf Quote
I have always struggled with the da21 in the flat lands of Cambridge (UK)... However, a recent trip to the Canadian Mountains reminded me just what a gem it is.

You did better with yer DA21 than I ever managed with mine.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Quote
I like black and white, and I like what Fuji and Panasonic have done with their Acros and L Monochrome film simulations respectively. I shoot in RAW+Jpeg so using digital filters means I have the best of both worlds. This particular filter was on the Pentax Q, and was highly regarded. I don't know if it made its way to other Pentax cameras, but I know it's not in my K5iis, but happily it is back in the KP. You have to take care with your metering, but the tones are wonderful - deep blacks, lovely mid-tones and bright whites. I cropped some for square format - my favourite aspect ratio. I'm in France for a week and took these this morning... A bright sunny day!
Nice shots!

Curious to know what in camera digital filter settings you've applied here then, something that existed on the Pentax Q and now KP (possibly K-1) but not the K5ii? Feel free to indulge and let us know the exact settings you had set up for your shots.
08-19-2018, 07:57 PM - 2 Likes   #686
Pentaxian

Sunday at the races, with the DA 55-300 PLM:

08-19-2018, 08:14 PM   #687
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by northcoastgreg Quote
Sunday at the races, with the DA 55-300 PLM:
Very nice shot! Bay Meadows or a fair?
08-19-2018, 08:24 PM   #688
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Curious to know what in camera digital filter settings you've applied here then, something that existed on the Pentax Q and now KP (possibly K-1) but not the K5ii? Feel free to indulge and let us know the exact settings you had set up for your shots.
I believe it is Bold Monochrome. I'm familiar with it on the Q but hadn't realized it was on the KP until I saw this thread. So thanks Jeff for posting this. I skipped the K-3, was it in there?
08-19-2018, 09:03 PM   #689
Veteran Member

The neighbor's Big Boy

Here is My Neighbor's cat laying on the steps to their 5th wheel trailer. I had to crop in 16-9 since he is a 16 pounder and very long!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
08-19-2018, 11:41 PM   #690
Pentaxian

Monochrome in France...

QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
I believe it is Bold Monochrome. I'm familiar with it on the Q but hadn't realized it was on the KP until I saw this thread. So thanks Jeff for posting this. I skipped the K-3, was it in there?
I don't know if it is on the k3... I looked for it on my K5iis but could only find monochrome. I think it's a great addition to the KP. I was thinking of getting one of the Fuji or Lumix mirrorless cameras with their deep black and white options.... no need to do that now!

---------- Post added 08-20-18 at 07:50 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
You did better with yer DA21 than I ever managed with mine.

Nice shots!

Thanks... I didn't do anything else except use the bold monochrome option in camera. I used spot metering where appropriate and selected the aperture I wanted. Nothing else. I now have some great B&W jpegs and also the raw files to muck around with if needs be. I specifically wanted the option to create speedy B&W images with more impact than the usual monochrome options found on most cameras. I don't want to spend ages in Lighroom/Photoshop/Nik Effects when I can get such amazing tones in-camera. Personally, I love this option but I suspect that very few people will use it, partly because it will be skipped over, and partly because people have an aversion to in-camera digital filters, and would rather spend ages doing it themselves!
« "L" Bracket for KP | - »