Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15852 Likes Search this Thread
05-15-2017, 09:24 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Not very exciting shots, but I'm liking how this camera renders colour in situations like this.

05-16-2017, 11:18 AM - 1 Like   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Big city flag
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
05-17-2017, 07:34 AM - 1 Like   #63

Lets keep this up.

05-21-2017, 12:50 AM - 3 Likes   #64

Note really my usual type of photo but was a tourist at the time.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
05-22-2017, 05:35 PM - 3 Likes   #65

Grabbed a fun shot with the 43!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
05-23-2017, 08:53 AM   #66
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
We need more KP shots here!
People would post more and visit more if there were some tasty grilling shots here....just sayin'!

Regards!
05-23-2017, 08:58 AM   #67

Some more.

05-23-2017, 11:51 AM - 7 Likes   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Smoke in the city, Football club national champion celebration.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
05-23-2017, 12:05 PM - 6 Likes   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
People would post more and visit more if there were some tasty grilling shots here....just sayin'!
Here you go Rupert, just for you.
All with the DA f1.8 50mm.

05-23-2017, 12:42 PM - 2 Likes   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Here you go Rupert, just for you.
All with the DA f1.8 50mm.
Now you got the KP cookin'! Those ought to draw a crowd....they sure get my attention!

Regards & Thanks.......I gotta' go find something to eat now!
05-23-2017, 04:31 PM - 1 Like   #71
Veteran Member

I've spent a couple of hours today reading reviews etc. on the KP. The high ISO performance got me interested. This is an impressive camera, and might suit me better than my K1 since it is more in line with how I shoot and what I shoot...and how I use my pictures. If anyone gets an opportunity at some squirrel shots or other furry little critters, I'd like to see them. If you don't want to foul up this thread with squirrels, post them over in the Squirrel Thread, just be sure to identify them as from your KP.

Also.....can you verify what I have read that the KP will focus accurately in low light? This is one thing my K1 does well that is often a must for me. If anyone has a Bigma can you verify that it does not hunt on the KP? I'm interested......

Thanks!
Rupert
05-23-2017, 08:41 PM   #72
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I've spent a couple of hours today reading reviews etc. on the KP. The high ISO performance got me interested. This is an impressive camera, and might suit me better than my K1 since it is more in line with how I shoot and what I shoot...and how I use my pictures. If anyone gets an opportunity at some squirrel shots or other furry little critters, I'd like to see them. If you don't want to foul up this thread with squirrels, post them over in the Squirrel Thread, just be sure to identify them as from your KP.

Also.....can you verify what I have read that the KP will focus accurately in low light? This is one thing my K1 does well that is often a must for me. If anyone has a Bigma can you verify that it does not hunt on the KP? I'm interested......

Thanks!
Rupert
I'm a low light kind of guy (that's "light", not "life"), and the KP focuses with ease- better than any camera I've owned, save for the K-70, which is almost as good. I've been recommending the K-70 to folks on a budget, as the IQ is as good as the KP IMO, but the KP has the better shutter, plus it's sooo compact and cool. In fact, the cool factor is off the scale, to the point that the thing is always in my hands. It's addictive. I recently upgraded my old DA55-300 by gifting it to a friend and buying the new retractable PLM WR version. A perfect pair with the KP for long shots (when I can manage to tear the 20-40 off of it, that is).
05-24-2017, 05:24 AM - 1 Like   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shiner Quote
I'm a low light kind of guy (that's "light", not "life"), and the KP focuses with ease- better than any camera I've owned
Thanks for the info!

Regards!
05-24-2017, 05:38 AM - 2 Likes   #74

sunday at the park with the grand kids...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
05-24-2017, 05:39 AM - 1 Like   #75

Thanks!
Rupert
Just to add, I'm on the same boat as shiner. I initially thought the KP was a really cool looking camera... But now I've had it for 2 weeks and man does this thing feel great in your hands. Good weight, amazing control with the knobs (I use the small grip, perfect for primes), and the shutter sound is really satisfying and quite quiet. I'm coming from a K-50, so it was a bit of an upgrade.

Tested out both the K-50 and KP in low light, and the KP was more accurate and pretty quick. I was using FA limiteds.

I bring this camera everywhere with me!