Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15848 Likes Search this Thread
12-28-2019, 03:03 PM   #1756
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
I'm still very new to my KP (got it this Christmas), and am still exploring and learning about it. However, it's already stunning me with the results - herewith a couple of birds for illustration:

A rainbow lorikeet

KP Lori by -Occasionally Focused-

And a king parrot

KParrot by -Occasionally Focused-

It's a massive step up from my K-30. :-D

I see loads of rainbow lorikeets here, but not many king parrots, nice sharp images.

12-28-2019, 03:39 PM   #1757
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Very nice pics, Tsuken.

Yes, I stepped up from a K50 to the KP and noticed an immediate difference in detail. That 50% increase in pixels really does a lot for our pics, I think. You can crop a lot more and still have a good image (provided, of course, that the original image was sharp to begin with!!).

Mind you, buying new glass also helped a lot: I bought the 55-300 PLM, the 16-85mm, and the 100mm 2.8 Macro with my new KP in June this year.

Thanks 8)

That sounds a nice haul of lenses. So far I’ve mostly experienced my Plastic Fantastic, and just a few shots with my DA50-200. The Plastic is actually amazing.

---------- Post added 29th Dec 2019 at 09:40 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
I see loads of rainbow lorikeets here, but not many king parrots, nice sharp images.

Thanks 8) I’m finding it a really good lens/camera combo.

Lorikeets are my favourite dinosaurs, but the king parrots are gorgeous too. Whereabouts are you?
12-28-2019, 07:06 PM   #1758
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Whereabouts are you?
North Coast NSW, wet coastal sub-tropics, but not as wet as it has been in past years.
12-28-2019, 09:20 PM - 8 Likes   #1759
Pentaxian

Spent Christmas Week in Leavenworth, Washington

Clouds over the Columbia River near Maryhill, Washington

Christmas Lights in Leavenworth

Wenatchee River and Tumwater Canyon

12-28-2019, 10:08 PM - 6 Likes   #1760

Photos: Albums
So far only have had my KP for a couple weeks. The first night I played with it and caught a little monster in our chinese takeout bag, then the ocean pic is from my Christmas vacation to Vancouver Island.

Enjoying learning more about photography with this gorgeous camera! Just got to figure out the autofocus, my mind is just not wrapping around it properly.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
12-28-2019, 11:06 PM   #1761
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NotMyFatDog Quote
So far only have had my KP for a couple weeks. The first night I played with it and caught a little monster in our chinese takeout bag, then the ocean pic is from my Christmas vacation to Vancouver Island.

Enjoying learning more about photography with this gorgeous camera! Just got to figure out the autofocus, my mind is just not wrapping around it properly.
Two great pics there, NotMyFatDog. Love the cat in the paper bag! Enjoy the KP: got mine in June this year, and still exploring the myriad of options and settings!
12-28-2019, 11:20 PM   #1762

QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Two great pics there, NotMyFatDog. Love the cat in the paper bag! Enjoy the KP: got mine in June this year, and still exploring the myriad of options and settings!
Thank you!

12-28-2019, 11:53 PM   #1763
Pentaxian

Great shots!

WRT autofocus if you haven't looked into it yet I'd encourage you to try back button focus and centre spot only,with this combination I've found my KP always nails it.
12-28-2019, 11:56 PM   #1764

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Great shots!

WRT autofocus if you haven't looked into it yet I'd encourage you to try back button focus and centre spot only,with this combination I've found my KP always nails it.
I will look into it, but what is WRT autofocus? I tried centre-spot AF with other wave shots and on closer look the focus was totally off, much nearer. I'll have to read more and wait for a bright and sunny day to practice more shots. Thank you for the tip!
12-29-2019, 12:21 AM   #1765
Pentaxian

nice pictures ... especially the ocean!
12-29-2019, 02:01 AM   #1766
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So far only have had my KP for a couple weeks. The first night I played with it and caught a little monster in our chinese takeout bag,
Great Pic, Thank You for sharing, made my day!
12-29-2019, 02:51 AM - 1 Like   #1767
Pentaxian

I will look into it, but what is WRT autofocus? I tried centre-spot AF with other wave shots and on closer look the focus was totally off, much nearer. I'll have to read more and wait for a bright and sunny day to practice more shots. Thank you for the tip!
WRT = With regards to,sorry that's just an abbreviation I use!
12-29-2019, 12:44 PM - 6 Likes   #1768
Pentaxian

Humboldt Bay, with the DA 35 Ltd:

12-29-2019, 02:57 PM   #1769
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by northcoastgreg Quote
Humboldt Bay, with the DA 35 Ltd:
Lovely light in this photograph.
12-29-2019, 03:25 PM - 4 Likes   #1770