Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2020, 03:43 PM   #1906
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rmrufener Quote
I probably shouldn't post my pictures on here as they don't measure up to what I've seen from others, but I recently upgraded from a K10D to a KP and acquired a 18-135 lens from a forum member, so I had to take them out yesterday and catch some pictures of a recent snow on some covered bridges. I'm not afraid of constructive comments/criticism.
Ashtabula County, Ohio
That’s a very nice shot,please don’t be put off from posting more. There are far too many members of this Forum who’ll talk until the cows come home but don’t put they’re money where their mouth is by sharing their photos

PS I might have cropped it slightly to lose the telegraph wire running across the top right of the frame.

Last edited by timb64; 02-15-2020 at 06:10 PM.
02-15-2020, 05:48 PM   #1907
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I probably shouldn't post my pictures on here as they don't measure up to what I've seen from others, but I recently upgraded from a K10D to a KP and acquired a 18-135 lens from a forum member, so I had to take them out yesterday and catch some pictures of a recent snow on some covered bridges. I'm not afraid of constructive comments/criticism.
Ashtabula County, Ohio
Mine aren’t in the same class as most others posted here, but I try anyway. I really like your photo!
02-15-2020, 06:11 PM - 8 Likes   #1908
Forum Member

Thank you for the encouragement, Timb64 and mtngal. I've shot a lot of pictures over the years, but still feel inadequate when I come to a place like this. But, as I do enjoy viewing other people's photos, I should contribute mine, as feeble as they are. It was, for the most part, a pretty day in NE Ohio, but this area is subject to lake effect snow squalls at any time. This road is not plowed in winter, so I was driving through 12-14" of snow anyway, then this started:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
02-17-2020, 11:35 AM   #1909
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There is really nothing wrong with your photos, we have not seen snow here for a long time

02-17-2020, 11:40 AM - 1 Like   #1910
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sand storm on the beach
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
02-17-2020, 12:53 PM - 2 Likes   #1911
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

KP, DA TC1.4x & DA55-300PLM @ 238

KP, DA TC1.4x & DA55-300PLM @ 420
02-17-2020, 02:17 PM - 1 Like   #1912
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
North Jetty, with the DA 55-300 PLM:

02-17-2020, 02:56 PM   #1913
Forum Member

It's good to see some regulars posting photos here again. I am working back through all 128 pages of this thread, and have enjoyed many of the pictures I have seen. I tend to take "what my eyes see" type pictures rather than making art, so it's refreshing to see so many other types of pictures. We have not had much snow this winter here either. So I've made it a point to get out when we do get some. I spent most of last Friday in NE Ohio to take advantage of their covered bridges and other winter sights.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
02-17-2020, 03:22 PM   #1914
Veteran Member

Thank you for the encouragement, Timb64 and mtngal. I've shot a lot of pictures over the years, but still feel inadequate when I come to a place like this. But, as I do enjoy viewing other people's photos, I should contribute mine, as feeble as they are. It was, for the most part, a pretty day in NE Ohio, but this area is subject to lake effect snow squalls at any time. This road is not plowed in winter, so I was driving through 12-14" of snow anyway, then this started:
Nice shot.... lazy question from me.... why do they enclose the bridges? (prevent snow building up maybe?).... I'm from a sun burnt land....
02-17-2020, 03:32 PM - 2 Likes   #1915
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oregon Zoo, with the 100mm f/2.8 Macro WR
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
02-17-2020, 05:52 PM - 3 Likes   #1916
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Nice shot.... lazy question from me.... why do they enclose the bridges? (prevent snow building up maybe?).... I'm from a sun burnt land....
If I understand correctly, there are 2 main reasons: as the bridges are made out of wood, protecting them from rain and snow greatly extended their life. Also, adding a roof allows for truss type construction for greater strength and longer spans. I think the real reason was to give future photographers something to take pictures of.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
02-17-2020, 07:40 PM - 3 Likes   #1917
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I’m feeling so unimaginative when it comes to photography right now. I keep coming back here to seek inspiration, but for some reason, it’s not quite catching on quite yet. I’ve taken pretty pictures:

Which was the sunset before an unusual event - a thunderstorm In the Arizona desert.

Not yet sunrise yesterday:

Looking out at the landscape on a hike.

Keep posting your photos, it helps keep me taking photos.
02-17-2020, 09:25 PM - 4 Likes   #1918
Pentaxian

Pleased with the low light capabilities of my KP

02-18-2020, 12:32 AM - 4 Likes   #1919
Veteran Member

Sort'a KP shot... got a HD DA 21 for it today... FA 43 along for moral support (with DA 40 type hood because it's practicle).

B&W because it was a classy moment....

Generally my KP walk around kit..... maybe joined with a DA 10-17 (and a F*300/4.5 if I want to go heavyish)
02-18-2020, 08:10 AM - 1 Like   #1920
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mtngal Quote
I’m feeling so unimaginative when it comes to photography right now. I keep coming back here to seek inspiration, but for some reason, it’s not quite catching on quite yet. I’ve taken pretty pictures:

Keep posting your photos, it helps keep me taking photos.
mtngal, don't you live in your travel trailer somewhere in the desert west? I've seen a number of your photos while reviewing the earlier pages to this thread, and enjoyed them all. It must take a lot of courage to live as you do. Last summer, my wife and I took 10 weeks to travel the Canadian Rockies, Alaska Highway and Alaska with our travel trailer. While we enjoyed it immensely, I could not live full time in that. I took over 3,000 pictures on that trip, but they were with the K10D, and this is a KP thread, so I'm out of luck. I only got out 2 times with the new camera, so I'm limited to the pictures I took on those outings for now. If you get sick of covered bridges, let me know.
I did make an attempt at backlighting one of the bridges to see how it would turn out. I'm not sure if I like it or not.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
« "L" Bracket for KP | - »