Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
03-02-2017, 04:54 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
To tell you the truth, I emailed dcshooter and told him "i want my 50mm to look like that!" and showed him that picture
I sent Brian an A50/1.2 that has a buggered filter ring (got it cheap) for his repair - and while he's at it, make it look like that same photo.

It is mostly for use with my silver KX, but I won't tear it off my black K-1, or black K-01 either

03-02-2017, 04:59 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I sent Brian an A50/1.2 that has a buggered filter ring (got it cheap) for his repair - and while he's at it, make it look like that same photo.

It is mostly for use with my silver KX, but I won't tear it off my black K-1, or black K-01 either
Thats ok.... I only have the Australian rights.....
03-02-2017, 05:08 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks great, looks of fine quality and very distinctive! I agree both the silver and black lenses look great on the silver body, but the silver lenses look ok but not as nice on a black body. I already have silver Limiteds of the 43mm, the 77mm, and the 20-40mm zoom. I also have some old film based lenses in silver. Seeing your new KP with the 77mm has me really looking forward even more to getting a silver KP also!
03-05-2017, 02:55 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thats a really nice looking kit.
Thanks for sharing.

03-15-2017, 08:25 PM - 2 Likes   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Cool.... now a silver 43 would round things out nicely!
I think I need help
03-15-2017, 08:41 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think I need help
I think you need a silver K-1 to go with those FA Limiteds.
03-15-2017, 09:29 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I think I need help
A lot of us need that. Great combo! Looks sharp!

I can relate after going from a QS1 with two lens kit and an MX1 at the beginning of December now too... Those plus a K3II, black KP, DA 15 LTD, DA 16-85, DA 20-40 LTD, DA 35 LTD, DA 50, DA 55 *, DA 55-300 (non PLM), DA 300 *, AF200FG, Manfrotto 290 Extra Tripod with ball head and a Manfrotto BeFree Compact Tripod with ball head in 4 months I get it. Plus 3 Lowe Pro Mica bags in various sizes/configs a couple more Lowe Pro camera holster style bags and Hoya HD filters for all lenses plus Hoya HMC Skylights for the two DA * lenses as well. I feel like I have done enough damage!

At least this gives me sometime to save up for the DFA 85 * Pentax will release, which is my next planned lens purchase.

Sure glad you got the 43 to complete the trio of FA Limiteds, I am afraid if I stay in this thread too long I will end up with one!

Last edited by gm4life; 03-15-2017 at 09:34 PM.
03-17-2017, 03:07 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I think I need help
No...I think you've helped yourself quite enough already......
03-18-2017, 07:53 AM   #24

Great looking camera! I have a question. I'm most likely going to be getting a KP in the next couple of months. I'm a traditionalist, and love the look of my original Spotmatic F, versus my all black cameras. Can you tell me if the metal finish on the KP is actually a metal surface? Or is it metallic finished plastic? I'm concerned that if it's plastic the finish will wear off or get scratched. Thanks.
03-18-2017, 02:42 PM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From what I've read, the top plate where the control knobs are installed is polycarbonate while the other panels are magnesium alloy. This is evidently common practice across brands for their premium models, being mostly metal with some polycarbonate panels. As to the finish wearing off or scratching, the silver finish should be no more prone to this than the black finish. I have numerous Pentax models having both all polycarbonate bodies over metal frames and some mostly metal bodies, none of which have shown susceptibility to such damage.

Virtually anything used a lot and handled a great deal will likely eventually show some signs of use and wear. Older metal film bodies I have seen, as well as old metal lens barrels, have exhibited some brassing wear after years of handling.

There will be detailed test reviews of the KP out within a few weeks or a few months.
03-19-2017, 09:09 AM   #26

Thanks for the reply. I'll most likely be getting the silver body. I look forward to the review.
03-19-2017, 12:05 PM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Keep an eye on Imaging Resource, where they spend a lot of field time with a camera, and reviews are very detailed. The review they currently have is hands-on preliminary, their full review still to come. They also have lab test shots where you can compare images with other cameras having performed the same shot. The still life image of bottles, fabrics, etc. at various ISO is especially useful for comparing noise in shadow areas of similar depth, and retention of detail at higher ISO.
03-19-2017, 08:25 PM - 1 Like   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another thing, the tests are done with default settings. When you get your camera, I recommend the sub-setting of "fine" sharpening. Except of course, not generally when using the "portrait" custom image category. You will see this and other categories among a variety of image configurations, each having pre-sets as to color saturation, contrast, sharpening, etc. which can be user adjusted. Default category is "Bright" for well-saturated colorful results. I add "fine" to its sharpening, as well as also in the "Natural" category. I have found this has yielded better results with every Pentax DSLR body I've had.

Last edited by mikesbike; 03-19-2017 at 08:33 PM.
04-16-2017, 03:13 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Thinking of jumping in on a Silver KP. Question? Is the "Silver" on the KP body plastic or some kind of alloy?
04-16-2017, 04:56 PM - 1 Like   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kshapero Quote
Thinking of jumping in on a Silver KP. Question? Is the "Silver" on the KP body plastic or some kind of alloy?
Check post #24 and following replies.