Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-03-2017, 11:39 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sgt_gatr Quote
Any way to still select the drive mode when in selectable af point? My right d pad button usually does this but when selectable af point is on it only changes the af point.
On the 'more pro' K-1 you get a toggle switch to do this.

On my K-S2 I do a hack by going into Live View. Wish I knew a better way.

03-04-2017, 07:10 AM   #17

That is bad news. This has been an annoyance several times as I have to change the af point back to spot and only then is the drive mode available.
03-04-2017, 07:31 AM   #18

So why not just leave it in drive mode? You can take single shots in drive mode - just don't hold the shutter button down.
03-04-2017, 07:55 AM   #19

The issue is that the only way to select the drive mode is with the right d pad button. But once you move the af point to a selectable position (i.e. Selectable point, 9 point, etc) the d pad buttons become the buttons for selecting the af point. My issue is I like to be in AF-C with 9-point selectablle group but I like to switch between single shot and continuous high. To change the drive mode I have to switch back to spot or an automatic AF mode than switch the drive mode than change the AF mode back. A small hassle. Hope all that makes sense.

03-04-2017, 09:13 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by sgt_gatr Quote
The issue is that the only way to select the drive mode is with the right d pad button. But once you move the af point to a selectable position (i.e. Selectable point, 9 point, etc) the d pad buttons become the buttons for selecting the af point. My issue is I like to be in AF-C with 9-point selectablle group but I like to switch between single shot and continuous high. To change the drive mode I have to switch back to spot or an automatic AF mode than switch the drive mode than change the AF mode back. A small hassle. Hope all that makes sense.
makes sense now...here is your answer...kinda sorta...the smart function has a dedicated position for continuous drive...off, h,m,l...example I just did on my Kp...in AFS with the 4 way pad selected to focus point selection I used the smart function to switch to CH then back to AFS...you cant do this looking through the viewfinder well I guess you could if you are a camera ninja but you see it on the lcd...the Kp also has a menu setting to prioritize the four way pad to default to focus point selection...
03-04-2017, 09:16 AM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by cpobuttons Quote
makes sense now...here is your answer...kinda sorta...the smart function has a dedicated position for continuous drive...off, h,m,l...example I just did on my Kp...in AFS with the 4 way pad selected to focus point selection I used the smart function to switch to CH then back to AFS...you cant do this looking through the viewfinder well I guess you could if you are a camera ninja but you see it on the lcd...the Kp also has a menu setting to prioritize the four way pad to default to focus point selection...
Thank you very much. This is exactly what I was looking for.
03-04-2017, 12:51 PM   #22

Can't you set a User Mode to drive mode?