Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
03-06-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Why Pentax KP? Para que la Pentax KP? Situation solved - Situacion resuelta :-)

Talking about Pentax new camera KP. For what is need a reflex camera, with who is necessary to follow four steps, including the ignition, to shoot the first photo. Nothing matter if "instant view" are disable in its general settings menu? 😲

A propósito de la nueva Pentax KP. De que sirve una cámara reflex en la se necesitan seguir cuatro pasos, incluyendo el encendido, para disparar la primer foto. De nada sirve desactivar la "vista instantánea" en su menú de configuración general? 😲

Well, for skip this situation, no work in "M" (Manual option) and use personal settings in C1, C2 or C3...

Bueno, para escapar a esta situación, no use "M" (Opción Manual) y use configuraciones personales en C1, C2 or C3...

Last edited by ZeaFoto; 03-15-2017 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Updating
03-06-2017, 10:53 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What four steps are you referring to? The basic shooting steps for the KP are the same as other Pentax bodies.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-07-2017, 05:27 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard!

If you have never used a single lens reflex camera I think I see what you are talking about. I have used these cameras for some 45 or so years now. I like being able to see exactly what the image is going to look like when I take a photograph. Even when using the old film rangefinder cameras I always had to be aware that what I was seeing and what the film was seeing were slightly different. And it got worse the closer the subject was to the camera. Plus you could not see what affect the lens depth of field would have on your image.

I am not a fan of electronic viewfinders. They just don't look right to me. Some cameras have a problem where the image you are seeing lags a bit behind exactly what is happening in front of you And if you are wearing polarized sun glasses there is quite a bit of loss of detail,

I also own a Pentax MX-1. Great little camera. But the only way to see what you are shooting is to look at the display on the rear of the camera. On a bright sunny day that is a problem. It is barely visible and I find myself looking for a shaded area to shoot from. Adding polarized sunglasses adds to the woes. And since I need to wear glasses taking them off is not an option.

So in summary I prefer the single lens reflex design. It is the most accurate way for me to see exactly what my image is going to look like. But it also means that it the image turns out bad it's my fault and i cannot blame the camera. Reviewing your photographs is a great way to learn humility. But by studying your failures and learning why the image failed makes you a better photographer.
03-12-2017, 06:16 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
What four steps are you referring to? The basic shooting steps for the KP are the same as other Pentax bodies.
This is no true! I was the first owners in Sweden the some Pentax from K-10. The best advantage was to be the first camera more fast to shoot in the digital photography... Until Pentax K-7, was very useful the lens from Sigma, try to use a Sigma 150-500/5-6,3 HSM DG APO for Pentax in this KP and see the electronical crisis that happen...

03-12-2017, 07:56 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by ZeaFoto Quote
This is no true! I was the first owners in Sweden the some Pentax from K-10. The best advantage was to be the first camera more fast to shoot in the digital photography... Until Pentax K-7, was very useful the lens from Sigma, try to use a Sigma 150-500/5-6,3 HSM DG APO for Pentax in this KP and see the electronical crisis that happen...
Is slow AF the issue? The time from startup to the camera's first shot is otherwise just a second or so.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-12-2017, 10:06 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I don't understand. You need to be more specific.

(1) what steps are different for KP than for earlier Pentax camera?

(2) "electrical crisis"??? No one else has said anything about this. Please point us to details.
03-13-2017, 04:02 AM   #7

and the Kp whispered why not???

03-20-2017, 05:03 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
From K-3, Pentax cameras have troubles with the Sigma 150-500/5-6,3 HSM DG APO for Pentax. With this Pentax KP, the camera blocking for himself with electronic crisis, also in manual function with this Sigma lens :-(
Try it, please and share your experience with us, please.
03-20-2017, 12:57 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Until the K-7" the Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 HSM DG APO was very useful- is your statement. So you are talking about all Pentax DSLR models since the K-20D, nearly 10 years back. The K-7 was the next flagship model after the K-20D.

I think the title of this thread should be- "Has anyone had trouble using the Sigma 150-500mm HSM DG APO on a Pentax DSLR?"

Then go on to explain exactly what "electronical crisis" you have experienced, and on which Pentax camera model this has happened.

Many of us use various Sigma lenses. The only issue coming up to speak of recently has been certain Sigma lenses having a problem, only with the full frame K-1, fitting onto the camera without some damage, requiring the lens to be modified by Sigma.

Last edited by mikesbike; 03-20-2017 at 01:15 PM.
03-20-2017, 01:22 PM   #10
Veteran Member

From K-3, Pentax cameras have troubles with the Sigma 150-500/5-6,3 HSM DG APO for Pentax. With this Pentax KP, the camera blocking for himself with electronic crisis, also in manual function with this Sigma lens :-(
Try it, please and share your experience with us, please.
Talvez estas teniendo alguna dificultad con su Sigma, la cual es notorio un problema con el motor SDM que sufren estos lentes..le recomiendo llevarlo a un centro de servicio, o en defecto, comunicarse con Sigma directamente, estoy seguro que le resolveran..tambien puedes considerar convertir su lente a screwdrive, para que el motor de af de la misma camara mueva el lente,en el caso que le sea imposible reparar su lente.
04-26-2017, 01:11 AM   #11
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Focus peaks

This is not a matter, Pentax say that new KP are better in compatibility, than previous ones of their digital cameras, also with lens from K-1000

Sigma still working very well from Pentax K10 to 7. In K3 and K3 IIs, works, but in manual focus and some troubles.

KP make existential electronic crisis, as short circuit, why? Is impossible to use then, without cover with plastic tape, the backside of his bayonet.

Unbelievable that focus peaks not works, when video are running. More worse, the definition of the screen turn blurred, limiting the possibility to follow subjects by manual focus. This is truly horrible for any modern camera and his price...

Peaking focus in digital technology, when cameras offer Live View and Video, are indispensable...
I use it, also from the time of Videotapes old cameras as Betacam, for example... There have not excuses, also cellphones and compact cameras doing it...

Here, the forum seems as Chorus Line of Pentax...

Last edited by ZeaFoto; 04-26-2017 at 01:01 PM.
04-26-2017, 01:40 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pentax has absolutely no responsibility to maintain backward compatibility with third party lenses, especially old ones.
The KP is an excellent little crop DSLR.
04-26-2017, 04:15 AM - 1 Like   #13

I just ordered one.
04-26-2017, 06:46 AM - 3 Likes   #14
Pentaxian

It's the coolest Pentax ever. Most fun I've had snapping photos since the K-01
04-29-2017, 12:12 AM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It is the issue with the Sigma lens not working with the KP. Please contact your local Sigma agent and get them to help. You may need to have the firmware on the Sigma lens updated.