Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
03-18-2017, 10:49 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Truly a great improvement. Man I have a lot to learn when it comes to action shots. I normally have 25℅ to 35℅ success rate on my k-3II and k-5II. This is isnprising. I hope the new APSC flagship will even be better. Go Pentax go.

03-19-2017, 01:04 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
I normally have 25℅ to 35℅ success rate on my k-3II and k-5II.
Yes, apparent great news with the KP although hearing from a few more users would be great. Also, the raw buffer is to the KP's detriment for action shooting so for optimum speed I would probably dial in a manual white balance and use jpegs.

On the K3-II front, depending on the lens you are using you should definitely be able to get way more than your current 25-35% success rate. Each year I shoot at the Australian Open and I get plenty of keepers with my K3. Note: I would never trust a K5 for action shooting but that's me.
03-19-2017, 01:12 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Most likely the OP is a dove hunter too. "Exaggerate your lead: Overshoot like you’re going to miss. You’ll shoot at most doves as they cross in front of you."
No kidding. Some users of Canikon branded cameras add front focus to the AF tuning in order to compensate when the birds are coming toward the camera.
03-19-2017, 01:19 AM - 1 Like   #19
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
No kidding. Some users of Canikon branded cameras add front focus to the AF tuning in order to compensate when the birds are coming toward the camera.
LOL

No, no... Canikon does AF tracking *perfectly*... it's only Pentax that's eternally doomed...

03-19-2017, 01:29 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
No, no... Canikon does AF tracking *perfectly*... it's only Pentax that's eternally doomed...
We can add front focus to the Pentax as well, but I've never heard anything like that on PF. I've seen a Pentaxian doing it in the field and I was impressed by how sharp the images came out.