Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 41 Likes Search this Thread
02-28-2018, 08:05 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HelenJo Quote
Haha ! Yes Oddballs.
I didnt know this until today. I just went into our local Camera store looking at Nikon's for a camera that I might buy for a young man here , that is going to ASU , and having a tough time with acquiring a decent body. He is quite vested in Nikon lenses , so there wont be a swap right now to Pentax.

What I found very "Odd" , was there must be at least 30+ different Nikon models ??? So many in fact it nearly overwhelmed me. Good Lord , they must be kidding !
In my era there might have been 5 bodies to choose from , and they didnt change every year
They like to brag that their mount goes back to 1949, or some such date, but their less expensive camera bodies don't have in-body AF motor fort their early AF lenses. The whole question of compatibility is very confusing with them.

02-28-2018, 08:47 PM - 1 Like   #32
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
They like to brag that their mount goes back to 1949, or some such date, but their less expensive camera bodies don't have in-body AF motor fort their early AF lenses. The whole question of compatibility is very confusing with them.
Tell me about it ! I was left in such a tither by the time he got done trying to explain lens compatability. Nikon needs a chart and a book to sort it all out ! I will simply take the young man I helping , to do his own shopping tomorrow. Haha .
When I tried talking Pentax with the salesman for myself, all I heard was , Canon , Nikon , Canon , Nikon ... Bla .. Bla...Bla !
Immediately I was completely oblivious to anything he said.
02-28-2018, 10:12 PM - 2 Likes   #33
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HelenJo Quote
Tell me about it ! I was left in such a tither by the time he got done trying to explain lens compatability. Nikon needs a chart and a book to sort it all out ! I will simply take the young man I helping , to do his own shopping tomorrow. Haha .
When I tried talking Pentax with the salesman for myself, all I heard was , Canon , Nikon , Canon , Nikon ... Bla .. Bla...Bla !
Immediately I was completely oblivious to anything he said.
That made me laugh HelenJo.

And made me think of the static roar on one of my pre-war radios.