Photos: Gallery | Albums
Talk about pedigree! Here's the old LX and my new KP:

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
04-05-2017, 12:07 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shot, Bob. It proves Mp's are not always the most important thing, especially in good lighting and for smaller size viewing.

I hope my K-S2 does not develop this problem. I used my little K-r from 2011-2016 and it is still ticking for my friends. I'm sure it has a low shutter count. My equipment gets light use because I switch between 2 or 3 bodies, and still tend to make each shot count, a habit from film.

Last edited by mikesbike; 04-05-2017 at 12:12 PM.
04-05-2017, 06:04 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sibyrnes Quote
You're missing the add on grip for the LX. Then it would be even more of a striking similarity!
04-06-2017, 12:20 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sibyrnes Quote
Comparing the two shows how the newer cameras are taller than the old ones were. I would still greatly prefer that they not flare out over the lens, and not be much higher beyond the lens than the older ones were

04-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I keep thinking it would be nice if they used one of the old school fonts for the Pentax logo. I know consistent branding is good but an old styled font may have worked well with the KP.
04-06-2017, 04:12 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by howieb101 Quote
I keep thinking it would be nice if they used one of the old school fonts for the Pentax logo. I know consistent branding is good but an old styled font may have worked well with the KP.
That didn't work very well on K-01 .
04-06-2017, 05:08 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by howieb101 Quote
I hadn't really noticed it before but the new fonts kind of goes with the new shape of the cameras. The old logo was lean while the new one is more bulbous!

04-07-2017, 01:14 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Speaking of fonts, on the silver bodies the lettering has been in black, which of course makes sense. It would also make more sense if on the black bodies the lettering were in silver color rather than white. It would also provide a better carryover when having a silver lens on a black body.
10-01-2017, 10:53 AM - 5 Likes   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

AP with KP

This one is my choice for the KP design inspiration.
02-28-2018, 09:35 AM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Sounds like me, I went to the SF1 after the Super Program.
Then with digital, I stayed with Kodak pretty much until my K10D.
And it's funny, one of my favorite pics was with a 1MP Kodak of Hannibal, MO in the fall, despite its shortcomings.
That's great example of why I keep telling folks, don't worry about the MP, worry about taking a good picture. Tha image would look different taken with a 36 MP sensor, but it wouldn't necessarily be more pleasing to the viewer. High detail, hi-res images have tendency to look more cluttered.l. They may capture detail that makes the image too busy and the image would have been better, were it unresolved.

Painters know this, sometimes they use a wide brush, sometimes they use a fine brush. Photography as preached on the internet is in the dark aboutt the possibility of too much detail, especially in the parts of landscapes where the painter would have used a wide brush.

Last edited by normhead; 02-28-2018 at 09:40 AM.
02-28-2018, 01:17 PM - 2 Likes   #26
Forum Member

Wonderful thread ! I didnt even know the KP comes in Silver now until seeing this post ?
I equate mine to a look somewhere between the 67 and the LX.
02-28-2018, 04:33 PM - 5 Likes   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HelenJo Quote
Wonderful thread ! I didnt even know the KP comes in Silver now until seeing this post ?
I equate mine to a look somewhere between the 67 and the LX.
The Pentax heritage is rich and deep, isn’t it? I love using Pentax cameras and lenses just because I’m part of a river of history when I do, and so many of the old cameras are works of industrial art. The new camera design cues bind us to that history and design principle in a way the other brands just don’t do.
02-28-2018, 05:00 PM - 1 Like   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The Pentax heritage is rich and deep, isn’t it? I love using Pentax cameras and lenses just because I’m part of a river of history when I do, and so many of the old cameras are works of industrial art. The new camera design cues bind us to that history and design principle in a way the other brands just don’t do.
Very well put, Monochrome. I think you speak for many of us with this posting.
02-28-2018, 05:11 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster

Well said, no matter if "others" see us simply as oddballs.

Last edited by robtcorl; 02-28-2018 at 05:29 PM.
02-28-2018, 06:06 PM - 1 Like   #30
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Well said, no matter if "others" see us simply as oddballs.
Haha ! Yes Oddballs.
I didnt know this until today. I just went into our local Camera store looking at Nikon's for a camera that I might buy for a young man here , that is going to ASU , and having a tough time with acquiring a decent body. He is quite vested in Nikon lenses , so there wont be a swap right now to Pentax.

What I found very "Odd" , was there must be at least 30+ different Nikon models ??? So many in fact it nearly overwhelmed me. Good Lord , they must be kidding !
In my era there might have been 5 bodies to choose from , and they didnt change every year !

I know that being attracted to a camera is a futile exercise in vanity , but I simply couldnt help myself. One look at the KP , and it did a number on my brain.
Of course the rest was inevitable when I bought the second KP for a backup. As selfish as this may sound , I cant help but thinking , is two enough ? What if I live another dozen or so good years ? Maybe I should get a 3rd just in case ! Haha.

Maybe Pentax marketing and development isnt as ignorant as many here proclaim ?

---------- Post added 02-28-18 at 07:08 PM ----------

AP with KP

This one is my choice for the KP design inspiration.
Wow ! This brings back Memories.