Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-16-2017, 03:36 AM   #16
f22

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
do you always shoot at f-22? IFnot does this show up at normal apertures IE F-8? Those look Like condensation marks. Any way if it doesn't show up at normal aperture I would say leave well enough alone. Otherwise I guess you know the routine. Just remember every time you wet clean you run the almighty risk of scratching that naked sensor. And yes it is naked.
I sometimes do shoot at f/22 but the reason I mentioned that is that when trying to find spots on sensor, the method is to take low ISO pics of solid background at f/22 or higher at 50mm or higher. Its easier to detect them under those conditions. I only posted this in case others start to have similar spots. It's probably a one-off. But being a new model, sometimes little quirks immerge with a percentage of them, kind of like the aperture block occurring in some K-30/50's.

I personally don't feel I'm hand steady enough to attempt any sensor cleaning, especially on an in-warranty, 3-month old camera. I had excellent service from Precision Camera under the Pentax warranty. So I agree with you about the risk of DIY cleaning especially in my case. I'd rather just take pictures. Love the KP!!!

06-16-2017, 01:29 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by f22 Quote
I sometimes do shoot at f/22 but the reason I mentioned that is that when trying to find spots on sensor, the method is to take low ISO pics of solid background at f/22 or higher at 50mm or higher. Its easier to detect them under those conditions. I only posted this in case others start to have similar spots. It's probably a one-off. But being a new model, sometimes little quirks immerge with a percentage of them, kind of like the aperture block occurring in some K-30/50's.

I personally don't feel I'm hand steady enough to attempt any sensor cleaning, especially on an in-warranty, 3-month old camera. I had excellent service from Precision Camera under the Pentax warranty. So I agree with you about the risk of DIY cleaning especially in my case. I'd rather just take pictures. Love the KP!!!
Well I don't feel as if they would show up in real time pictures. Having said that there is no reason to be afraid of cleaning your sensor,in essence it is no different than cleaning your lens and if fact very similar. And just like a Lens clean it as little as possible. Try the sticky wand, I believe you will be surprised.
06-16-2017, 06:26 PM   #18
f22

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
Well I don't feel as if they would show up in real time pictures. Having said that there is no reason to be afraid of cleaning your sensor,in essence it is no different than cleaning your lens and if fact very similar. And just like a Lens clean it as little as possible. Try the sticky wand, I believe you will be surprised.
Unfortunately some of my pictures did have spots which is what started my post. The sensor got cleaned.
06-16-2017, 06:48 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by f22 Quote
Unfortunately some of my pictures did have spots which is what started my post. The sensor got cleaned.
GOOD enjoy it.